Launch Control/AdvanceTrac modes

jtfx6552

Established Member
I'm usually pretty good with gadgets.

The Launch Control/AdvanceTrac has me a little baffled.

I thought if I went out to the car with the relevant pages from the manual, I could easily figure it out.

Now I'm not so sure.

Using the chart from page 19 of the supplement, I couldn't seem to make the "double tap or the holding of the AdvanceTrac button do what was said in the chart.

further, when I did get a mode I thought I wanted to be in, and pushed the accelerator pedal down, the engine did not stop at the RPM I had previously selected.

Anyone have any hints?

IMG_2663.gif

flyby763

Established Member
Youre using the traction control button on the console not the track apps right? Foot on the brake pedal when you do it.

I havent played with the LC on my car yet, but in my girlfriends Corvette its a bitch to get it to acually realize you want to use it and get it to stop at the correct RPM, you have to stab the gas pedal just right or it wont work. Not sure if thats how it is on these.

jtfx6552

Established Member
I found this video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wPIeDSCeBs]2013 Shelby GT500 Launch Control - YouTube

Seems like it would be just what I was looking for but doesn't really answer many of my questions. It does confirm that you need to turn TC off to do a burn out.

What happens when the light turns green? I'm not sure what went wrong, and what he did to "fix" it?

Whatever happened is exactly what I am trying to avoid when I take this thing to the track, lol.

jonesd

Established Member
If its anything like the 2011-2012 models. You hold the brake down, then theres a traction control button by the emergency brake. while holding the brake down all the way you tap that button twice very fast (twice within 1.5 seconds) and it changes the advance track to sport mode ect. If you press it to slow it just turns traction control off, which seems to be what happened looking at your picture you posted above.

I'm just speaking from past year models and hoping it helps you as i haven't received my new one yet.

DepWraith

Established Member
I'm usually pretty good with gadgets.

The Launch Control/AdvanceTrac has me a little baffled.

I thought if I went out to the car with the relevant pages from the manual, I could easily figure it out.

Now I'm not so sure.

Using the chart from page 19 of the supplement, I couldn't seem to make the "double tap or the holding of the AdvanceTrac button do what was said in the chart.

further, when I did get a mode I thought I wanted to be in, and pushed the accelerator pedal down, the engine did not stop at the RPM I had previously selected.

Anyone have any hints?

IMG_2663.gif

Launch control rpm is first set in the settings screen.

Users who are viewing this thread