Launch Control

2snakes

Established Member
I set it at 2500 it started accelerating for about 20 feet and went right to tire smoke. What am i doing wrong ??

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
can our LC be set that low?

I was thinking 3500-5200 was the limit.

Plus I do believe there is a mode * no idea which one * where traction control is in some sort of 'off' setting and LC is on, but noted as RPM ONLY....meaning, you can launch at any rpm in the available range, but if you hammer the gas, you might as well have dumped the clutch from that RPM to begin with.

Last edited:

2snakes

Established Member
All i know is i had the launch control set at 2500. What else do i need to do ?

BossAnaki

Established Member
Launch control only sets and holds a selected RPM to take off from a standing start, the advance trac is what helps put the power down. There are eight modes and also being able to turn it off.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
can our LC be set that low?

I was thinking 3500-5200 was the limit.

Plus I do believe there is a mode * no idea which one * where traction control is in some sort of 'off' setting and LC is on, but noted as RPM ONLY....meaning, you can launch at any rpm in the available range, but if you hammer the gas, you might as well have dumped the clutch from that RPM to begin with.
this. if the traction control is off then the 'launch control' is basically only a 2-step. it'll hold the RPM you want at launch, but it's your job to maintain the traction.

BossAnaki

Established Member
Mode one is the most aggressive in limiting tire spin with the advance trac getting less aggressive the higher you get in the numbers till mode eight or off. Check that it is not off and what mode it is in.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Mode one is the most aggressive in limiting tire spin with the advance trac getting less aggressive the higher you get in the numbers till mode eight or off. Check that it is not off and what mode it is in.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are 8 modes in general, but only 4 are really any type of 'launch control' mode.

I read through the manual about a week after getting the car but don't remember all the modes :rolling:

But basically there is:

LC ON/Advance Trac ON-Advance Trac SPORT-Advance Trac OFF
LC OFF/Adance Trac ON-Adance Trac SPORT-Advance Trac OFF

*In my head that's only 6 settings lol. so I'm obviously missing one combination of each On and Off*

rwboring

Established Member
i got enough *cough* to try it tonight... first at 2500 cause it was cold and cold tires... it did f'in awesome... TC on, first gear, LC on, floor it, then release clutch fast, it kinda barked and took off. i could feel it resisting the torque...

bad note... i bumped it to 3k... spun wayyy to much, i mean i could tell i jacked it up... well i timed that one... 4.8 0-60... on the street with stock tires (unless you are in 90 deg heat or something) stay at 2500... i need to try again and time it...

however i feel if you can pull a 4.1-4.3 on the street then you are really doing something... i figure as a guess my first time would have been a 4.3-4.4ish... it really took off...

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
If it's left on and car is shut off, I believe it will turn back on as soon as the engine is warmed up to proper operating temps.

Zeroescence

Established Member
Its on every time I start my car after its up to operating temp. I just leave it on . It seems to make the car fell better during 1st and 2nd gear pulls when not launching but spirited driving. Either way its been hot here, 90-100 degrees and this thing still hooks and pulls like nothing else.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I had it set at 3300 rpms tonight in sport mode. I left damn near side by side with a modded wrx and crushed him on the top end.

Users who are viewing this thread