Launch pic and video, 1.38 60' 99 Cobra

Joe Lynch

Established Member
How about a 1.35 and a 1.38 60', first time in the 1.3x ever. Only took a 175 shot, and it is still a little rich, so maybe I can get it down a little more. Best on a 150 shot at this track was a 1.41. This is at 3000 ft altitude, 4300 ft density altitude, 11.13 at 122 mph on Friday, 5/21/04.

The T45 input shaft continues to survive, I have no idea how.

Here is the video
http://members.cox.net/joelynch11/pen05-21-04.mpg

I grabbed this image...a still photographer took a flash shot just at the max lift of the front end, and I got it as a grab frame from the video file above...

pen138launch.jpg

Joe

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Yea, probably, but I had to take it sooo easy on the shift, the ET was off at least a 0.1. This was a junk yard trans from a GT that has been in the car for 2 years, the synchros are finally starting to hang up some. I put new synchros in the original trans a couple of years ago and have it sitting in storage, ready to go in, then we'll see.

Joe

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Thanks, guys. I'm still trying to get it into the 10s at this altitude, but I may not make it in the heat of the summer.

Joe

Joe Lynch

Established Member
No, I built a forged motor last year. I ran the stock motor on a 100 shot for a year before that, no problems.
Joe

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Sorry so late getting back to respond. Its a 99 Cobra with a live axle, 4.56, T-45, alum wheel, ET Drags and Fronts, GT brakes front and rear. HPM uppers and lowers in the rear, AJE crossmember, Tokico shocks, V6 front springs, GT rear springs, 6 pt roll bar, subframes, BBK longtubes with Dr. Gas x-pipe, Dynomax race bullits, full interior and stock seats, 3450 race weight.

Return style fuel system, Aeromotive regulator, Stage 1 NX nitrous kit, single stage, 42 lb injectors, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Spark, Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump, NGK BR7EFS plugs at 0.030" gap.

Houston Performance CNC heads, cams, custom short runner intake manifold specific for nitrous use, +0.020" JE flat top pistons, SHM valve spring kit and valves.

Most important electronic stuff--MAFterburner Plus for nitrous system control and fine tuning, eFPC used for data logging now, and my personal favorite--SCT Pro Flasher, which is used for an 8200 rpm rev limiter, 6800 rpm launch limiter, retarding the timing, defeating the Traction Control, and converting to the return style fuel system. It is wonderful.

All accessories and creature comforts still in place and functional, and I drive the car to work "occassionally", LOL.

Joe

ib6-ub9

Established Member
:bowdown: sweet, sorry for all of the questions, but what kinda numbers to you put down n/a and on the juice. Awsome car and nice drivin:beer: :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread