Launch RPMs for a Cobra

topless_sn8k

Established Member
Guys, what is a good safe Launch RPM at the track?!
I'm at 607 rwhp/ 593rwtq with a spec stage 3 + clutch with Nitto D/Rs 305/35/18s (18psi). I'm not trying to KILL my sn8K, I would like to get some good feed back though. goal to hit high 10s???????:shrug::shrug::shrug:

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Start from 3000 and roll out the clutch and hit the gas. If it bogs go higer or slip the clutch slower.But of course with nittos you;ll need them at 12-15 psi and a good smokey burnout 5-10 seconds.

Venimus03

Established Member
Get rid of those DR's and get some ET Streets. Then you will be able to do some 5k dumps and let her rip! :beer:. 10's will be tough on nittos b/c you most likely need to get in the 1.6 60'' range...

Last edited:

topless_sn8k

Established Member
true! I have a spec stage 3 + so it will be hard for me to slip the clutch... This is my DD so true MT ets are out for now... I plan to run my nittos at 18psi, I'm running them to the track.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Your going to have to let some air out. Last time i went to the track with my spec 2+ and nitto 315's i noticed it was hard to slip the clutch. I spun no matter what. GL to you my friend hope the track is prepped good. Ive pulled 1.7s on 275 nittos and irs before. Now with the clutch sra and 315s its a different ballgame. Get you another set of wheels. My buddy just sold his gto and hes throwing me his et streets for 100 bucks but i need to find a 15" wheel.

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
roll into the throttle from idle or get some better tires.

My nitto's roasted into tire smoke trying to just launch at 2k at a similar power level. I'll be going back with a set of slicks and do some real launches this spring.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Get rid of those DR's and get some ET Streets. Then you will be able to do some 5k dumps and let her rip! :beer:. 10's will be tough on nittos b/c you most likely need to get in the 1.6 60'' range...
This is great advice. See WAY too many high horsepower twin screw cars that underperform at the track due to suspension setup and rear tires. Drag radials can be tough on half shafts and drive trains.....the softer slicks will absorb much more of the shock, plus help tremendously with traction. I actually can't believe I pissed around with DR's for 3 years before going to a better tire.......

Users who are viewing this thread