Launching my ecoboost at the track?

SFLEcoboost

Established Member
First and foremost....I feel slightly embarrassed to ask this. My Tbird had 22 track passes and I cut some good lights in addition to deep staging on the import boys....but, my new truck has traction control, electronic locker, and a pair of hair driers. How do I launch this thing at the tree? Moroso is running a trucks only night n Saturday, which means that the herp derps will be at the track , too. This means that some 'tard is probably going to "call out" my v6.

My my truck is an Fx2, has the 3.55 electronic locker, basic bolt on are in my sigski.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Foot brake and some throttle, being 2wd it will probably have a tough time hooking up.

I stage as little as possible and go as soon as I see the last amber, it is usually good for .0XX lights. You are probably going to need some practice, just go out and have fun.

fangs99

Established Member
also try flashing the converter aka take off like your at a stop light. with a tight stock converter you might bog on launch with a foot brake launch if you get traction

SFLEcoboost

Established Member
Should I shut off he traction control and turn the locker on?

My car had a 2400 stall and I launched by flashing the convertor, I'll do the same in the truck.

fangs99

Established Member
yes, turn off the tracrion control (it has to be off for the burnout anyways) and enguage the E-Locker. if your on stock tires, don't burn them down. street tires just need a quick scuffing. but try both launch techniques if the turbos come on quick enough with a foot break it might not bog.... but then again getting a rooling start from flashing the converter may help traction but, you'll never know unless you try both. let us know how she runs.

mechanicboy

Established Member
The 2wd is much harder to launch. You need to experiment to find what works best but here's where I'd start if I were you.

1. 30psi in tires. Going lower might yield slightly better 60' but could make wheel hop worse so start high.
2. Use e-locker but depending on conditions you might wheel hop.
3. Turn off traction control. Press and hold the button for 7-10 seconds until the information displays that advance Trac is off.
4. Try a 1200rpm stall and work up or down from there. Full stall will just blow the tires off.
5. Remove excess weight.
6. Run premium fuel. A ford engineer was quoted saying that the eco makes 385hp and 430tq on 91 which is +20, +10.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread