launching with a Circle D converter??

nordy racer

Established Member
So guys.. my converter (3c stall) is coming in this week. after reading some threads i want to ask everyone, what are you guys really stalling up and launching at.. i saw one thread a owner had a 5c stall but was only luanching at 1200 to 1500rpm.. isn't that low for that high of a stall?

please place up your launch RPMs and 60ft times.

thanks everyone
Mike

casper gt

Established Member
these cars don't really respond to converters (or gears for that matter) in a normal fashion IMO.

they don't seem to respond well to being leaned on very hard on the footbrake (ie. I launch at 2500 with a 5c).

you'll just need to experiment starting around 1500 with a 3c.

you also may find the 3.73's not working for you any longer the way they once did, with a 5c, my 4.10's aren't enough with 27.8's.

nordy racer

Established Member
thanks Larry.. i guess that will make me speed up my blower purchase then hahaha..

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
I have the equivalent of a 4c (3600-3800). I launch from idle and have high 1.6 to low 1.7 60' times. The car race weight is around 3950

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
what tire are you running and at what PSI?

M&H 325/45-17. I run them around 30-32 psi.

2011GTCS.jpg

nordy racer

Established Member
why so high of PSI? on my MT DR at the track i run 18psi..(by the way, you car looks nice)

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
why so high of PSI? on my MT DR at the track i run 18psi..(by the way, you car looks nice)

I get no spin on launch so I leave them aired up. Maybe a little less rolling resistance?? I could probably get away with no burnout also. Thanks for the compliment on the car.

1Bad5.0

Established Member
I have a 4 C....I've tried numerous launch RPM's and have found footbraking to almost 3K works best for this particular car.....thats'not to say that another car wont respond better to a lower rpm I run MT DR 275/60/15.....1.60 60'

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
I have a circle D 3c and the best 60' Ive seen is stabbing the pedal from an idle. I am sure results will vary, from tune to tune. Who is tuning your car?

nordy racer

Established Member
I have a circle D 3c and the best 60' Ive seen is stabbing the pedal from an idle. I am sure results will vary, from tune to tune. Who is tuning your car?

RevAuto in Baltimore most likely.. its amazing how these cars are so different sometimes. i could also get JPC to make a tune or two..

nordy racer

Established Member
thanks for the relies guys.. keep them coming if you have a converter in your ride...

Users who are viewing this thread