Lava Red

boneblower

Established Member
I think that its one of the coolest colors I've seen.

Kinda like the mystichrome of days gone by.

Kona blue is sweet also.

Anyone like or despise the Lava Red?

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I was hesitant when I bought the Lava Red, and still to this day I'm not sure I love it. Some days it looks SWEET, and some days I wish I would've just got Black. The tough part with the Lava is what color do I go with if I ever decide to add a stripe.... And how will the paint match if I ever want to try a diff hood...

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I feel as though Lava Red is an accent color. Something you'd use as a stripe or the top on a hotrod.

In certain photos it just looks like black that's dirty. In order to really get the benefit from the color it's got to be clean and in direct sunlight.

Otherwise it's a black car. You still have to take care of it like you would a black car, but in my opinion you don't get quite the reward of a clean black car.

I've seen it in person and it's certainly better than in photographs. I will say it's definitely a unique color. I just don't know if I could own it myself.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
its a good color when the car is SPOTLESS but as soon as you get some dirt on it the flake/pearl what ever the hell they put in that paint will just magnify it and in return the dirt will make the flake/pearl look like dirt. to me its like kona blue, if you cant keep it clean it will look like butt. not too far behind them is red candy like i have and i will be the first one to say if its not kept clean it looks like shit and loses its pop.

best color.... DSG it hides everything

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I think the color would have looked better if it wasn't so dark. As was said earlier in anything but bright sunlight it looks like a black car that isn't real clean. It the bright sun it looks good!!

Users who are viewing this thread