Law Enforcement Question?

Cobra#2885

Established Member
Does anyone know if a Position as a Jailer can lead to become A Police Officer? Reason I ask is because dont they almost have the same Certification Requierments by the State?

Thanks

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
It isnt a promotion if that is what you are asking. But, once you are working in the system, it will be easier for you to get hired to a P.O. position. I know a bunch of guys that made the jump from corrections to P.O.

Good Luck.

Cobra#2885

Established Member
FordSVTFan I was unable to get to A computer thats why I am just now responding. I guess what I mean is will the Training to become A Certifide Police Officer be shorten because having Jailer Certification already? Now I know they are not the same job's but they do go thru similar Training.

Thanks

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The training in Texas may be similar. But most places it isnt the same. The P.O. training is longer and more entailed with firearms and driving techniques etc. But I am sure you would get some type of credit toward P.O. training. But does it really matter, the longest academy I know of is 22 weeks.

Good luck

Cobra#2885

Established Member
I am sure every State has different rules as for Training. I think the longest Academy here is the city of Dallas Police Academy is 32 weeks long and there Field Training is 24 weeks long. And I am sure it is the same length for State Trooper.

Users who are viewing this thread