Lawrence Cruise

2FastMonts

Established Member
Ya...I agree....This SUCKS!!!! I'm probably just going to put the Futura away for the winter. There is a bunch of salt on the roads. If we do get a nice weekend and we decide to meet up I'll just bring my Fairmont instead.

DS

POP TOP

Banned
I just installed a Pro chamber and Mac cat back last week, so against my better judgement I have taken the car out the last two nights. Thank god it's loud and keeps me from hearing all that salt and crap from hitting the car. Anyway I can't blame you for putting it up for the winter, I don't think it will be descent for a few weeks, but you never know.

Zman04

Established Member
Hey POP TOP I would love to hook up so I can here the Prochamber.Mine is bone stock since I just got it. But I would like to hear what the prochamber sounds like.Let me know.

DocHolliday01

Established Member
should have mine back from the dealer end of this week hopefully. blew out second and 3rd i think. i know they are putting a couple of gears and a couple of synchros in the tranny. i hope they fix the throwout bearing too. looks like the salt is going to be here for a while though

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
They are talking about high 50's or low 60's for this coming weekend so I would be game for it. I know my brother (99cobra2881) would come along with his, too. I might be able to get a couple of my friends to come down from NE...I need to meet up w/ one of them anyway to install a new cold air kit and maf I got for him.
The roads are going to be nasty from now until it starts raining in March so we either do this or stow it for a couple months. The hooters in OP would be alright but I think Lawrence would be okay too. Lawrence has some damn good beer, too.

edit: On second thought, lets get ahold of MC racing and see if we can do a dyno day. I know my brother and I would both like that.

Last edited:

2FastMonts

Established Member
I'm still down with getting together but my Futura is put away for the winter. There is just too much salt on the roads. They were calling for rain about mid-week. If we got a good rain I would drive the Futura. If not then I will just drive my Fairmont. A dyno day is cool with me but I'm just going to watch. I don't think the dyno has a low enough reading for the Fairmont. LOL

DS

POP TOP

Banned
I've been out the last couple of days and noticed that on the main roads the salt isn't that bad. I think if we get a little rain mid week it will really help. And I also heard the weather will be mild by the weekend. So basically I'm down.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
What's the word boys?

Supposed to be nice today and tomorrow but then colder again on Saturday and Sunday. The flip side to nice weather with all the snow we had is that the roads are a grimy mess. I was in KC and Topeka yesterday and its pretty messy.
If you want to back it off for a while, that would give us some time to set up a dyno day.
What do you guys think?

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
I think wait a while too. No point in washing the car right now to show it off, it just gets dirty as soon as you put it on the street in traffic. Oh yeah, I would be down if it is in KC. I don't know Lawrence very well but if I can follow someone from the OVP area, that would be cool too. Maybe we should wait until like March...

POP TOP

Banned
Yeah I washed mine yesterday and by the time I got it home it was trashed. I just couldn't resist the weather yesterday, now I will have to wash for the second time this week.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
1CEBITN said:
I think wait a while too. No point in washing the car right now to show it off, it just gets dirty as soon as you put it on the street in traffic. Oh yeah, I would be down if it is in KC. I don't know Lawrence very well but if I can follow someone from the OVP area, that would be cool too. Maybe we should wait until like March...

you need to get out more
:p

How many guys would want a dyno day? Post up if you do and I will start making some calls if there is enough interest.

2FastMonts

Established Member
Damn snow!!! It will probably be at least March before we get a good enough day to meet up. That meet in Liberty sure looks like fun. Just a few minutes away from my house as well.

DS

Zman04

Established Member
I was just getting ready to post about the meet at Mk Motorsports. I am helping get it together. Mk is a great customer and good freind of mine. I wanted to invite any of you local SVT or cobra guys up there. I thought it would give us a good place to hook up. It is his open house / SVTOA club meeting. So there will be a lot of cool rides.We will be doing some drawings and stuff. I will be staying up there all night!! It will be cool! Let me know if you can make it or not. It is Feb 26th at 5:00

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
are you on the svtoa side of this? i am in the mklo and these get togethers are pretty damn good. we have a lot of fun at these. i'm looking forward to this one. have you seen roger lately?

Zman04

Established Member
Matt at Mk is just a good freind and customer of mine. I sell him most of his parts that he sells. I had 98 Cobra a few years back and had to get rid of it. I had a pretty sweet WRX, but I decided I wanted a new 05GT.But after waiting 12 weeks on the new GT and going to the last SVTOA meeting with Matt, I decided I wanted a new Cobra instead. So I shopped for 2-3 weeks and picked up new 04 yellow vert. Very happy!! So I am just trying to help out MK anyway I can.

Users who are viewing this thread