Lawyers - Is this illegal?

Bullitt207

Established Member
I'll try to keep this short.

I was hired to remove sand, But I could not remove it until the company who was providing the backfill was ready. They would not give the customer a firm date when they would provide the backfill and were vague if they could meet the deadline. This went on for about three weeks.

The backfill was about $30,000.00 of material. So I started making calls to bid on this portion of the job on a Thursday. The supplier I found who could do the job the best stalled me until Monday, but what I did not know is they were tied in with the original supplier. They gave the original supplier my name and the sqft I was using to bid job. This gave my competitor the chance to firm up the deal before I could bid the job.

Is it legal for a vendor to give out info on me if they know I am bidding the same job as one of there other customers?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I'll try to keep this short.

I was hired to remove sand, But I could not remove it until the company who was providing the backfill was ready. They would not give the customer a firm date when they would provide the backfill and were vague if they could meet the deadline. This went on for about three weeks.

The backfill was about $30,000.00 of material. So I started making calls to bid on this portion of the job on a Thursday. The supplier I found who could do the job the best stalled me until Monday, but what I did not know is they were tied in with the original supplier. They gave the original supplier my name and the sqft I was using to bid job. This gave my competitor the chance to firm up the deal before I could bid the job.

Is it legal for a vendor to give out info on me if they know I am bidding the same job as one of there other customers?

While it is a shitty thing to do, it is not illegal. If you have a written agreement that states the information is confidential you may have a civil claim for breach of contract.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I'd tell the person that hired you. May be too late but I would want to know if something like this was going on with one of my jobs.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
That shit goes on constantly in the oil field. My company no longer does verbal quotes, only written for this reason exactly. One of our salesman was talking to a potential customer on the phone and the customer had one of our competators in the room with him. He had our salesman on speaker and trying to get a price out of him.

That shit doesn't go down well around here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread