Lazy revs

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
I have noticed that my truck in neutral, compairson to a Gt500, revs relativ slow and lazy.
Is that normal or should I be afraid :shrug:? If it´s normal where is difference, just a lighter flywheel?

Thanks for help :beer:!!

Chris

Dusten

Established Member
Well, the gt500 makes more power, is only spinning a flywheel not a torque converter, is a 4v motor that rev's higher anyways, with a lighter rotating assembly. ITs naturally going to rev faster.

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
Well, the gt500 makes more power, is only spinning a flywheel not a torque converter, is a 4v motor that rev's higher anyways, with a lighter rotating assembly. ITs naturally going to rev faster.

Thanks Dusten! I don't have thought about the flyway against the converter.

So if have the same powerlevel as a stock Gt500, the Lightning will always rev slower than the Shelby cause the stick vs autotransmission ( just flywheel - converter ) ?

Thanks for help and teach!

Regards from Germany

Chris

oilwell1415

Established Member
I doubt the torque converter weight is the reason, there isn't much difference in weight between a flexplate/torque converter and a flywheel/pressure plate. It probably has more to do with the cam timing, tune, and efan on the GT500.

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
I doubt the torque converter weight is the reason, there isn't much difference in weight between a flexplate/torque converter and a flywheel/pressure plate. It probably has more to do with the cam timing, tune, and efan on the GT500.

So the Lightning guys with some bucks more than 500rwhp should rev fast like Gt500?

oilwell1415

Established Member
So the Lightning guys with some bucks more than 500rwhp should rev fast like Gt500?

That's not what I said. It has little to do with power. It has more to do with how the engine is designed and how it's tuned than with the difference between a torque converter and a clutch/flywheel. You can build a 1000hp engine with crappy throttle response or you can built a 100hp engine with great response. It's all in how you get there.

Users who are viewing this thread