LCA Question about ride height

Mhissticobra

Established Member
Do aftermarket LCA's make your rear sit up higher than usual? For some reason, my rear sits noticably higher than the front. I run H&R SS's, Bilstein HD's, and have Pro3i LCA's. I see other people with the H&R/Bilstein setup and their cars seem to sit pretty even. I run no iso's in the front and only a stock upper in the rear, I don't think it would make that much of a difference. Any thoughts?

mystical

Established Member
Can't anwser your question, but I love that raked stance. How is the ride quality?

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Yes and that is why I want to sell my Steeda aluminum LCA's and buy a very expensive set of MM adjustable LCA's. I think it looks good and works well for a drag car, but I want the rear to squat more for road racing.

Mhissticobra

Established Member
Ride quality is pretty good for a dropped car, I like the rake look but I would rather have the rear sit lower.

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
My car sits a lot better now that I have my steed upper and lower control arms in.

You don't really notice "that big" of a difference but it does change the height a tiny bit.

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
I have SS with no isos in the front and the top ones in the rear and my car is not raked like that. Hopefully when I get MM LCA's it will not sit too much higher.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Albino, can i see 1 side shot of your car?
I just bought h&R SS's and I'm thinking about removing the Isos.
Ever bottom out over speedbumps?

albino96

Established Member
Albino, can i see 1 side shot of your car?
I just bought h&R SS's and I'm thinking about removing the Isos.
Ever bottom out over speedbumps?

Depends what you mean by bottoming out. If you mean the rear end hitting the bump stop, then I have never done that since H&R sent me a shorter bumpstop to put on. In the more likely case that you mean by the bottom of the car hitting the bump, then yes I do. I hate it because at school I have to go over some bumps and I almost always scrape. If I hit the bump exactly perfect (which I can do almost all the time now) and go VERY slow, then I can not scrap or barely scrap. One of the worst feelings is going over a speed bump and feeling the shifter rise up. :eek: You get used to doing it though and I can usually avoid speed bumps. I just take it as part of having a high maintenance car.

I actually couldn't find a good side shot, but here's one that's pretty close from back when I was on stock wheels.
DSC_0009.jpg

As you can see it's not really raked like Mhissticobra's

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I think i may leave my iso's in. I don't want to be scraping on everything. I drive my car a lot in the summer.

albino96

Established Member
I think i may leave my iso's in. I don't want to be scraping on everything. I drive my car a lot in the summer.
I have put 50k in two years on my car in this form so I wouldn't be too worried about it... But when I had cats, they were flat on the bottom lol.

albino96

Established Member
Ya, no cats here.
Any noises/creaks related to the missing iso's?

You know at first I used to always say no, but I guess there is a little more harshness in the suspensions sounds. It oculd just be that the springs are so stiff. If I were to do it again I would probably put them in, but I wouldn't really care either way.

Mhissticobra

Established Member
I have SS with no isos in the front and the top ones in the rear and my car is not raked like that. Hopefully when I get MM LCA's it will not sit too much higher.

That's why I think something could be wrong. I am half tempted to remove the LCA's and install another brand or the stockers just to see what the hell's up with it.

Users who are viewing this thread