LCA question

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
So I've had noise coming from the LCA since I've gotten the car. After some investigating with the help of the LCA manufacturer, it was determined that the bolts and associated holes in the chassis are stock 12mm (94-98) while the LCA bushing & bearing sleeves are 14mm ('99 and up).

Being that I have limited height on my small jack stands, what's the easiest way to enlarge the holes laying on my back? Anything easier than dropping the exhaust and trying to get a drill and bit in there?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
So I've had noise coming from the LCA since I've gotten the car. After some investigating with the help of the LCA manufacturer, it was determined that the bolts and associated holes in the chassis are stock 12mm (94-98) while the LCA bushing & bearing sleeves are 14mm ('99 and up).

Being that I have limited height on my small jack stands, what's the easiest way to enlarge the holes laying on my back? Anything easier than dropping the exhaust and trying to get a drill and bit in there?

Who makes the LCA? Can't you just buy the correct bushings?

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
My thought was a bigger bolt would be better because it gives more surface area to distribute the load and will wear less over time...which is why I heard Ford increased the size. This is on my CMC race car so a bit beefier seems like a good idea.

With that said, getting new 12mm sleeves would work for the chassis mounted delrin bushings and then I don't have to drill out in limited space. The axle side has sphericals so it's not as easy of swap on the LCAs.

To make everything easy, I may get new 12mm sleeves for the bushings and go with 14mm bolts for the bearings. It doesn't even look like the axle side needs to be drilled out, but if so at least I have easy access.

I'm open to suggestions...

Users who are viewing this thread