LDC Chicago Clutch Freeplay Correction Kit

AzDropTop

Established Member
Dana said:
You could try the Steeda 'Quick Release" quadrant. You will get more pedal travel for the same clutch action. This would raise your engagement point higher up off of the floor. It is their RED color quadrant.
I don't know if there are other brands that are "quick release".

Also, if your TOB is still making noise with the pedal all the way at the top of the stroke, you don't have enough freeplay because the TOB is still touching the PP. But this contradicts the fact that your clutch engagement point is so close to the floor. That would seem to indicate that you do, in fact, have sufficient free play.

Or did you mean that the TOB is still making noise, but just when you move the pedal to disengage the clutch? If that is the case, then the TOB has already been damaged and is on its way out. Sorry. The only fix for that is replace the TOB. The clutch kit may extend the life some by eliminating any unnecessay contact, but ultimately you will have to replace the TOB.

BTW, I agree Ford's entire clutch linkage setup sucks. This design had to have cost them hundreds of thouands of $$$ in warranty repairs that would not have had to have been done with a different setup.

Dana

Thanks for the insight on the steeda quadrant. I'll check it out on their site!

at this point my TOB is totally quiet, but I'm still trying to get used to the low release point. After a week now of driving with it I am liking it better, but I still may try the Steeda set up. I really appreciate the help! :)

bender460

Established Member
Dana the stock setup is not good at all. The problem is ford did not redesign the the quadrant set up to accommodate the cable travle the T-56 really needs. I suggest a fix all. I believe I have an Idea that would work. Pm me if you would like details. Maybe any another great LDCChicago product could be in the works?? :beer:

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
I just had my LDC free play kit put in and it rocks!!!! The clutch pedal just feels right now... Worth the money for sure.....

Thanks LDC

grnenvy

Established Member
yup

It's a very nice kit I just installed it. I have DF setup and a steeda quad and adjuster. I do notice that the pedal is harder to push in but I guess that is normal considering it's taking the slack out of the cable. I also have there head cooling kit and that is also a very nice kit.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Blown02-PM sent.

Bender460-E-mail the idea to [email protected] and I will pass it on to Dan and Lyle. If we use it, we will give you a free one in exchange for the idea. Thanks!

Anyone else who has product ideas they would like to see in production, we have the same standing offer. Any idea we use, we will send one of the first finished products to the guy/girl who suggested it. We get an idea for a product and you guys get a free mod for the suggestion. You can e-mail them or PM them to me, Dana, or dun4791 [Lyle].

Thanks to everybody for buying our products and for your very kind words. When we get thanks or praise from you it really means a lot to us. Let us know what you like or don't like and we will listen.

LDC Chicago has a third product coming out in the near future [probably in July]. I hope you guys will like that one, too, when we release it. :beer:

Cliff

Bower

Established Member
How 'bout a hint as to what that 3rd product might be? Otherwise, one may be tempted to go buy an inferior part from somewhere else! If it's good and I need it, I'll wait for it.

-Dave
'01 Cobra coupe

c488

c488
Established Member
Please check your email

I sent you an email Sunday, 06/19/05, from [email protected].

My engine is out of the car today, and I probably need the coolong kit ASAP or I probably won't get it till the clutch dies......hopefully a couple of years for me.

Before I sent money I had a couple of questions.

Please read my email and call me (phone# is in the email), or at least send a reply email.

I hate to sound pushy, but time is important in this case.

Thanks,
Tommy

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Bower said:
How 'bout a hint as to what that 3rd product might be? Otherwise, one may be tempted to go buy an inferior part from somewhere else! If it's good and I need it, I'll wait for it.

-Dave
'01 Cobra coupe

Stainless Steel and powdercoated black woven wire upper and lower H/E and radiator grills. We're waiting for a supplier [surprise, surprise] to get us the grill material. Looks like it will be Sept. before we see the shipment. There are pics up on this site if you want to do a search.

c488

c488
Established Member
Just put on the LDC clutch kit. I have a FRP quad and adjustable cable already.
1. The kit fixed that loosey goosey cable and clutch pedal thing. Some people call it the dead pedal feel. Mine pedal was even vibrating and was noisey. Very irratating.
2. It brings the clutch pedal up all the way and you can actually feel the amount of free play. I now have about an inch of freeplay.
3. And of course the tob isn't riding the pressure plate anymore.
Time will tell, but I think this mod is a big winner for me.
Thanks to the LDC folks.

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
flyn high again said:
Product number two from LDC Chicago Superior Automotive Products Inc. is now available. Dana designed this freeplay correction kit for his car and it has worked well for him for approximately a year so far. This kit adds a tube and spring to the clutch cable that helps restore stock clutch pedal feel to cars that have aftermarket clutch adjusters. If you have an aftermarket clutch adjuster and a “dead” spot on the clutch pedal, this kit should help you. The spring also helps keep the TOB off the clutch fingers instead of the TOB riding on the fingers. This is a simple kit that does more than its low cost would suggest. Intro price on this kit will be $14.95 shipped. You can make one for yourself if you like or save yourself the trouble and buy the kit from us for less than $15. This kit is a simple install and should be able to be completed in less than 10 minutes.

Remember, this kit WILL NOT correct defective/bad/worn out clutch assemblies.
It is intended to be installed in conjunction with an aftermarket quadrant & adjuster.
To take advantage of this product, the freeplay must be adjusted correctly.

Anyone who would like one of these LDC Chicago clutch freeplay correction kits, PayPal $14.95 to [email protected] along with your shipping info. Illinois residents add $1.00 for sales tax. Please mention that you want the “clutch freeplay correction kit”. Thanks to everybody and keep your eyes open for the next superior product from LDC Chicago.

Thanks,

Cliff

attachment.php

order earlier this week by phone

recieved a quick response by e-mail :eek:

items shipped for delivery on Friday 21 oct :mj:

to my suprise delivered on Thursday 20 OCT WOW :banana: :banana: THATS WHAT I CALLED GREAT SERVICE

Thank you very much another pleased customer :rockon:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
booricua said:
order earlier this week by phone

recieved a quick response by e-mail :eek:

items shipped for delivery on Friday 21 oct :mj:

I no sooner ordered mine, and the UPS LADY was knocking at the door. When I opened the door she handed me the package and took her top off. Now that is service that can't be beat. :)

-Jeff

to my suprise delivered on Thursday 20 OCT WOW :banana: :banana: THATS WHAT I CALLED GREAT SERVICE

Thank you very much another pleased customer :rockon:

I no sooner ordered mine, and the UPS LADY was knocking at the door. When I opened the door she handed me the package and took her top off. Now that is service that can't be beat. :)

-Jeff

BLK04

Established Member
Great product guys. Just had it installed along with a few other goodies. Clutch feels great!!!!!!

Last edited:

jlutz

Giggity,Giggity Goo
Established Member
LDC clutch kit still available ?

Anyone know if the LDC freeplay mod kit is still available ? I sent an email, didn't hear back and wanted to confirm before paypal-ing.

Thx

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
jlutz said:
Anyone know if the LDC freeplay mod kit is still available ? I sent an email, didn't hear back and wanted to confirm before paypal-ing.

Thx

They are available and in stock.

Dana

Users who are viewing this thread