LE jobs question, any response welcome

Fran

Established Member
My daughter graduates from UGA in August with degree in CJ. She had a summer internship interview with the GBI last week. The Agent was brutally honest with her (which I applaud him for) when he told her it is possible she would get the internship but would be unable to become a GBI agent due to her epilepsy. So my question (coming from a concerned father) is, Are there good jobs in the LE community outside of being a sworn/gun carrying LEO?
Thanks for any input you can give.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Yes, look into any of the intel jobs with any of the Fed. L.E. agencies. Go to www.usajobs.com and search for intel jobs/series 0132. They pay very well and they are an integral part of what we do as Fed. Agents. Epilepsy will DQ her from carrying a firearm in almost all, if not all, L.E. agencies.

Fran

Established Member
Thanks for the response. I was getting worried. I was afraid she would have to resort to the minor part of her degree (sociology) People with masters degrees in sociology dont make much money from what I have seen. Plus way to many horror news stories in the social work field.

Users who are viewing this thread