Lean, and ticking

INTRCPTR

Established Member
I just had my stock cobra (14k miles) fitted with a kenne bell 2.2L and tune from C&M performance in wisconsin, Including all supporting mods: 60# injectors, mass air, new boost-a-pump. Problem is, engine is ticking on the way home from the shop. I have an independant shop do a leakdown and they found 2 cylinders at 30+ and the same cylinder's plugs have electrode burned on them. I called C&M to see what he thought would be causing this issue and he started listing off all sorts of conflicting reasons, ie. 20# of boost is too much, bad gas, 130 mph is too much for the car...

My thinking is, if the motor was tuned for 20# of boost, that shouldnt be a factor, bad gas is possible but I would say, unlikely, I always buy from the same station, (shell 93 oct), and to tell me the car cant take a 60-130 run seems ridiculous.

If the plugs all show it ran lean, then what possible causes are there?

p.s.
just so you know, the car ran great stock all last year with no issues and the plugs were replaced with the blower install and car was only driven 150 miles after the tune.

input is appreciated, thanks

lgonz051

Established Member
id talk to the tuner, my 2 cents is he messed up, if everything you are saying is true.

balboky01

Established Member
what type of plugs do you have in the car?? If theyre stock then theres gonna be your problem most likely...

INTRCPTR

Established Member
no, not stock plugs, they were chosen by the tuner. I believe they are cooler plugs, not sure of the #, I will check on that.

INTRCPTR

Established Member
timing was 16 degrees at 20#, air fuels were around 11 (i believe, got to double check the chart) throughout the rpm range and steady. 585 hp

Users who are viewing this thread