Lean codes

97DarkSnake

Established Member
So I've got the p0171 and p0174 codes on the cobra (both banks lean) and I know it's not an exhaust leak or fuel system issue because I literally just had my entire fuel system replaced all the way up to the rail/injectors (stupid p0231) cleaned my maf and had my exhaust gaskets changed out because they were bad (ironically making the car run rich go figure) so now I'm checking for vacuum intake leaks and I found a hose in my fender well coming off the charcoal canister that I have absolutely no idea where it should go. It's not the smaller one that connects to the solenoid but a larger one, I'll try to get pictures when I can but does anyone know if that's the "vent" hose or should it be connected?

SVTCOBRA9629

Established Member
That hose like you mentioned runs from the charcoal canister to a solenoid (right by acumolator) then to the upper intake. Hose then connects to a fitting on lower part of intake where throttle body mounts.

Hope this helps

97DarkSnake

Established Member
Cobra_Neill if you wanna PM your email I'll send you the pics I have no idea how to post em on here. Cobra9629 no it's not that one that's one smaller about as thick as a pencil this one is about as thick as a quarter send me your email and I'll send you the pic too

97DarkSnake

Established Member
For anyone still checking this thread or with some info, I was at work all night and couldn't pull the tire off to get a closer look so the only thing I could do was start the car and see if that hose was a vacuum and it is, stuck to my finger pretty damn well. Still have no idea where it goes but I put a temporarily capped it off and reset the codes for my drive home. No more lean codes but I'm getting p0411 which is secondary air injection system incorrect flow. So definitely an evap hose, maybe to my smog pump? Although if it does go to that I feel like the front tires would just knock it off

MysticChaos

Established Member
image1.JPG That black hose with the red stripe in my picture is connected to my charcoal canister in the fender. I replaced mine shortly after getting my car because it was tripping a code and from what I remember from looking into it, the hoses degrade over time and can leak even though you'd never see it. I just decided to replace the entire hose, which fixed the problem for me. Anyways, I'm at work and my cars at home right now but I was able to find the pic on my phone from when I cleaned my imrc's. Hope the pic helps a little.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread