Learning to Drive all over again !

bluecoupdegrace

Established Member
I had a 5-Speed '99 GT for a couple years, but having put 200 miles on my new Cobra Sonic Blue Coupe, I am learning how to drive all over again.

The 6-speed for some reason is presenting me with a challenge. When I want to make a quick 2nd-3rd shift -- I've hit fifth instead a few times. Down-shifting is of course much easier -- unless I want to go from fifth to fourth -- I hit second a few times. But I'm gradually learning the power peaks and shift points. I never realized I would have even more fun with this machine relearning how to drive.

I had a 70 Mach I Cobra Jet 30 years ago, and trying to compare my dim memories of that rocket to my '03 Cobra I was initially disappointed because I remembered the Cobra Jet making lots of noise and slamming me back in my seat at take-off. However, I now appreciate the '03 Cobra for its incredible ability to follow Newtonian Physics and get me from Point A to Point B in the least time possible ! What a sleeper !

Did have some fun with a 740i today who tried to lose me up a 45 degree angle mile long climb -- but couldn't. Also lost one of those BMW motorcycle maniacs who tried to stay on my a__ but couldn't.

At the ripe old age of 49, I can truly say that this car is better than sex right now.

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
lmao! Im turning 29 in august and Im thinkin this car is my early mid life crisis... cant wait
sky

a94cobra

Established Member
I have found that if you try to put it in a gear, I miss and find the wrong one. If I let the trans select the location as I am upshifting it always finds the next gear. I am not trying to shift really fast though. But at a medium shifting pace it works great.

Users who are viewing this thread