Leather seat care

Cottonmouth

Established Member
I've been searching around to see if this has been covered but have not found any threads. :shrug: What has everyone been using to treat their leather seats with? I would like to keep mine from drying up so who has what preferences?

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
I've used Murphy's Oil soap for years, on several different vehicles. The leather stays soft, no discoloration, no residue. They now have packs of wipes, so I throw a pack in the glove box. And, Murphy's isn't expensive.

Fred

skunkt-u

Established Member
Where do you get the murphy's oil or Zainos "leather in a bottle"! and does any of these stain the suede after wiping them on? and does this help with the cracking? sorry for all the ?'s!!! but thanks in advance!

Cottonmouth

Established Member
Thanks!

Appreciate the replies. I was not aware that Zaino had a leather care product. Did not know if the Meguiers product was good as I have seen the advertisements.

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
skunkt-u said:
Where do you get the murphy's oil or Zainos "leather in a bottle"! and does any of these stain the suede after wiping them on? and does this help with the cracking? sorry for all the ?'s!!! but thanks in advance!

Murphy's Oil soap is common and can be found in any grocery store cleaning isle. I don't know that I would use it on the suede section of your seats. I have a 10th anni, so mine are leather. But, Murphy's works well on all the leather, faux leather, rubber, and plastic through the rest of the interior.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
I love every Zaino product I've ever used, except for their Leather Care. It leaves a bit of a residue and shine, which I pesonally don't like.

If you have to use something on the Cobra leather, other than a damp cloth, I like Mequair's Medallion. It softens the leather but doesn't leave a shine or coating.

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
I love Lexol. I let the car sit outside in the sun for an hour and then apply the cleaner and then the conditioner. I have used everything (Zaino, Zymol, megs) and Lexol by far has proven itself the best by measure of durability of the leather afterwards.

Scott P

Established Member
I've heard excellent things about Zaino's leather stuff. Personally, I've been using Lexol for the seats in my GP. Four Star makes some greatl eather products in their Ultimate line. They don't leave the oily feeling that Lexol sometimes does and it smells better. It's even pretty close in price.

I carry the Four Star cleaner for $9.95 and the conditioner for $14.95. It's one of those things you need to call or email to order since it isn't up on my site yet.

BLWN46

Established Member
Lexol too, apply the conditioner with your bare hands, so you can get into every hard to reach spot.

Users who are viewing this thread