leather treatment

oneSICsvt

Established Member
I have a 10th anny cobra with the leather seats and over time it has started not cracking but definetly getting worn. What do you guys use to treat the leather to keep it looking new??

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I use Poorboy's Leather Stuff. It's a cleaner and conditioner in one product. It smells great and condition very well but it's not a very good cleaner IMO. Maybe you can try Lexol's conditioner and cleaner.

25thmustang

Drag Racer
Established Member
Griots Garage.

I have tried nearly every cleaner and conditioner, and this stuff is the best. The cleaner is a clear liquid and when used takes the most stubborn dirt and grime out. The conditioner goes on nice and thick and smells good as well. Do a google search and check them out.

Wintermute

Banned
I use Meguires. Seems to work pretty good.

I shit you not, one time I was not paying attention (or half-bagged) and actually spray-waxed my wifes entire 09' Escape with it by accident. Thank good for new clear-coat.

Last edited:

03DSGMACH

Established Member
+1 on the Meguires. I use the cleaner/conditioner wipes and they work and smell great.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I use Meguires. Seems to work pretty good.

I shit you not, one time I was not paying attention (or half-bagged) and actually spray-waxed my wifes entire 09' Escape with it by accident. Thank good for new clear-coat.

Haha...I doubt some Vitamin E/Lanolin and animal fats/scent and some die will hurt the paint :lol: Just make a bit of a greasy mess :lol1:

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
I have a 10th anny cobra with the leather seats and over time it has started not cracking but definetly getting worn. What do you guys use to treat the leather to keep it looking new??

Because they're worn and creased, nothing will bring them back and make them look new, you will only be able to delay the wear. I use Lexol on mine.

Seats wearing are a direct result of the quality of the leather and the dye. For example, in my 3400 mile SRT8 I'm getting creases already but in my old '03 M5 with 60k the seats looked like they had 10k on them.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Leatherique with repeated applications of Rejuv. oil will aid in reducing the looks of the creases and "replump" the covers. Think of it as a collagen shot for your seats.

Users who are viewing this thread