LED third brake light?

J-MAN

Established Member
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement LED third brake light for my 94. I've tried the dealer and they're discontinued! :cuss:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
As I understand it, you can't replace them. You have to buy a new wing.

There have been a lot of threads on this, just search and I'm sure you'll find your answer.

rtusnake

Established Member
i have a 94 wing on my car and was comparing the led strip to one in an SHO taurus and they are the same so that may help you find one alittle easier, still going to be hard though. btw it was in the 94 body style taurus sho, not sure of the year range.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
J-MAN

Jeremy, if you ever find one that fits right, don't forget all of us other '94 / '95 owners that have burned-out LEDs.

I've spent hours on the phone & the Internet, with "zero" results. You can buy a new wing, but just for an LED or two ... I'll disconnect it first.

Dan

COBRASVT

Established Member
Dano said:
J-MAN

Jeremy, if you ever find one that fits right, don't forget all of us other '94 / '95 owners that have burned-out LEDs.

I've spent hours on the phone & the Internet, with "zero" results. You can buy a new wing, but just for an LED or two ... I'll disconnect it first.

Dan

Any luck taking it apart and replacing with some Radio Shack LED's?

CY98Cobra

Established Member
i dont think its worth the trouble you all go through. unplug it and forget it. you cant see it when its supposed to work anyway. out of sight out of mind.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
The light unit is one of those plastic melted/sealed joint type affairs. You may get it apart with heat & a cutting tool, but if it breaks, you're screwed!

I didn't think it was worth the risk, so I just put it back in. Those SOBs at Ford shouldn't have taken it out of stock, but what do I know - they have all the money.

Dan

CY98Cobra

Established Member
why dont they just use regular light bulbs instead of the stupid non replaceable led's. i guess they want you to have to spend huundreds of dollars on a new unit instead of $2 on a new bulb.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
It was probably the same dick that used all those melted plastic studs in the console, and elsewhere :poke: . He should have his butt kicked ... :nonono:

Dan

CY98Cobra

Established Member
i see people around here all the time with no brake lights. i dont understand why you need three brake lights anyway, if someone cant see the two big ones on the outside the small middle one isnt going to help them any.

Users who are viewing this thread