Left wheel squeak

imports suck

Established Member
I have a 98 Cobra with 49k miles. I have a squeak comming from the left rear wheel. When i apply the brake the noise goes away. The rear rotors are new. The brakes have about 15k on them. What could be causing the noise?

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
It could be the brake piston is not retracting all the way when the brake is off. But once you press the brake it goes away. The piston itself probably wouldnt be the problem but the spring that moves it. Could be a lot of different things. Hard to point out the problem without looking or hearing it.

blackfang

Established Member
Are the rotors like brand new and 15k on the pads? If so were the old rotors glazed by any chance? I ask this, because that can cause a sqeak/rub sound. Even if you swap the rotors or turn them and not changing or scuffing the pads will not cause it to go away.
I had that same issue earlier. Hope this helps
Phil

imports suck

Established Member
Yeah the rotors are brand new and the pads have 15k on them. I am going to change the pads and check to see if my rotors are glazed and check the spring in the piston. Thanks guys for your suggestions!

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
The spring in the piston may be a time consuming job if you dont know what you are doing. I would do the easy stuff first, then go on to more expensive and time consuming things.

Users who are viewing this thread