Legality

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Is it legal to mount some red and blue lights on the ack part of my rear internal deck??? how about those flashing white headlights and tailights..... just curious

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by 1998WS6FBTA
Check your state law zach, here it is illegal to mount blue lights because of law enforcement, you can mount red lights if your a fireman, or vol fireman.

General Statue says here that you can't not alter your headlamps in any fasion, i.e. no wigwags, white headlamps, etc unless your a emergency vehicle!

I have my EMT licence think I could get the whig wags??? they are bitching.........

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
In New Jersey you can not have RedLights, they are for emergency vehicles (police, fire, ems)

Blue Lights are for Volunteer Fire and First Aid with the appropriate permit. And only mounted on the roof or front windshield.

No wig wags or other headlight alteration.

We don't want anybody getting the false impression you are on the job.

Adam

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by 1998WS6FBTA
as far as i know here, it isn't illeage to strobes in your cornor lights as long as they are clear strobes

SiO I can drive down the road with em flashing....... now that would be bitching/////////

Ginsu

Established Member
They are illegal in GA unless you have a permit. But PI's fireman, ect that get them on their personal vehicle will not be protected from criminal or civil liability if they have an accident and someone is injured while they are running code.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
No, but I travel 50k a year and stop and help a lot of people, expecially in bad weather, I feel guilty if I dont .........

You 'ol softy you...

What are Wig Wags?

Josh

Established Member
Here you can have them, but nothing can be flashing, and no neon bulbs can be exposed...only the reflection off the ground...I have friend with a red under body kit and he gets pulled over all the time when his mount gets broken and the bulbs can be seen,

BARELIE LEaGAL

Hey,
One of my cars is an 87 t-bird LX 5.0 with several mods. But one is to the lights. They have turn signals, headlights, and then parking lights. I rewired the parking lights and put red LEDs in there. 6" blue neon tubes in the headlights, and clear strobes in my clear turnsignals. I only use them in parking lots. I live in Pa. and have found that the only cops that say anything bad is the real sticklers that dont like the strobes. But most like them cuz of red white and blue.

Users who are viewing this thread