LEO only Court Error

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
About 4 years ago, I was issued a ticket in Massachusetts for 26 over the speed limit. I took the ticket to the magistrate, presented my case and a decision was made in my favor.

Fast forward to 2 months ago. I went to get a new policy with Geico, and they said they showed a record of a speed violation in excess of 15 mph over the speed limit issued in Massachusetts. They then raised my rate by 450$ per year. This is normally not a problem, I went over the usual routine of contacting the magistrates office and trying to get this corrected. I have tried several times to speak with someone, but every time I am either put on hold and hung up on, or told that they will call me back. I wrote several certified letters, with no response. I finally got a hold of someone, then after a brief conversation, I was told I should just "deal with it" and "thats just the way it works sometimes".

I am considering filing suit to force the Magistrates office to review this, but to do that, I will have to file in a Massachusetts Commonwealth court, which is a problem since I live in Florida at present. The DMV says they cant do anything until they get notice from the magistrates office.

My question is, do I have any non litigious options left? Any advice would be appreciated.

I want to honestly believe this is a big mistake, but unfortunately this is not the first time the integrity of this particular magistrates office has been questioned.

Users who are viewing this thread