LEO's / Internet Search Guru's

neatofrito1618

Established Member
Is it really illegal to have a controlled substance not in the script bottle?

I once broke up an Adderall pill into forths that I pulled out of a plastic baggie while I was mid-conversation with a LEO and took it in front of him.

It was from a 30-day supply I was prescribed a couple months prior. Didn't think anything of it at the time.:shrug:

Last edited:

CWCobra

Established Member
If your prescription meds are not in their original, pharmacy-labelled container, you would be wise to have that actual container close by, so as to be able to demonstrate, if necessary, that your meds are indeed legally prescribed. It just avoid all kinds of potential problems. Sorry I can't cite the specific code section; it's just a matter of being prudent.

(Full disclosure: I'm not a LEO, but I do take prescription meds from time to time)

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If your prescription meds are not in their original, pharmacy-labelled container, you would be wise to have that actual container close by, so as to be able to demonstrate, if necessary, that your meds are indeed legally prescribed. It just avoid all kinds of potential problems. Sorry I can't cite the specific code section; it's just a matter of being prudent.

(Full disclosure: I'm not a LEO, but I do take prescription meds from time to time)

agreed. I dont know of a specific statute that requires validly prescribed drugs to be in their original container but it create reasonable suspicion that illicit activity may be afoot.

Using prescribed meds in a fashion not prescribed is illegal as they are prescribed in a specific manner, especially when prescribed P.O. And then inhaled.

Users who are viewing this thread