Let’s talk about Robert Lazar

blk02edge

Established Member
Did you really ask why the government would need to hide the existence of another civilization? They keep secret much more mundane things. Start there.

Also, a civilization that can travel like would be required to visit us, has probably been keeping an eye on us anyway and figured their best chance of visiting or communicating would be through superiors. Kinda like how all of SVTP only deals with a GM or owner when it comes time to buy a car.

Everything is unprecedented until it happens. It's not THAT far fetched in the grand scheme of things.
Yea, I did, what reason is there. What mundane things do they hide? Stuff that is likely directly affecting them as a group. Another civilization's existence would cause media hysteria for a week then just become common knowledge that people would not care about. There is nothing far fetched about life elsewhere, what is far fetched is hundreds of countries hiding this fact for this long. Things people see pretty much always has an explanation.

Just look at the map of our galaxy and how far our radio signals have gone and how so damn incredibly insignificant that distance is. Understanding the sheer volume of space and how insanely slow the speed of information (light) is helps see how damn unlikely it is that we have encountered anyone (yet). One day we'll probably receive a real stray signal from some ancient civilization that fired those signals thousand-millions of years ago, until then they are IMO a theory

nickf2005

Established Member
I love science-fiction. Keeps my imagination going and it's fun to think about. But I do not believe that Will Smith will one day need to save us all from an invasion. That's because, of course, Tony Stark will close the hole in the atmosphere by directing a nuclear bomb through it. :)

Edit: Now, do I believe Will Smith will have to save us from the robots? Yes.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
this-is-why-5ac79b.jpg

SirShaun

Established Member
It's not hard to understand why governments would want to keep UFO's/Alien Technology under wrap. Its an ever evolving arms race between countries. Space ship that can dodge missiles is pretty oppressive. No sound, near invisible, perfect recon craft.

Sent it to my Aerospace buddy, he replied with this. "Other life, yes, but have they made it to us, no." Then sent me this video. I'm kind of on team Bob Lazar though.

pwrshft99

Established Member
I believe in Alien life somewhere in the Universe. However, if they are advanced enough to navigate their way thru the stars then there would be no interest in acknowledging a species as primitive as we are. Unless they are responsible for life on this planet to begin with.

Roswell 'crash' was 1947?? If aliens had the means to seek out and travel to Earth, they wouldn't need to come in for a closer look. They could observe and learn everything they need to know from a comfortable distance.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I believe in Alien life somewhere in the Universe. However, if they are advanced enough to navigate their way thru the stars then there would be no interest in acknowledging a species as primitive as we are. Unless they are responsible for life on this planet to begin with.

Roswell 'crash' was 1947?? If aliens had the means to seek out and travel to Earth, they wouldn't need to come in for a closer look. They could observe and learn everything they need to know from a comfortable distance.

I'm not so sure I agree with that. Just look how excited out scientists get when they think they find a single bacteria on a Martian rock. I would assume that an extraterrestrial race would also get excited about finding sentient life elsewhere.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
We have multiple levels of "intelligent" life in the universe that we know for certain exists. They just happen to all co-exist on earth. lol

blk02edge

Established Member
It's not hard to understand why governments would want to keep UFO's/Alien Technology under wrap. Its an ever evolving arms race between countries. Space ship that can dodge missiles is pretty oppressive. No sound, near invisible, perfect recon craft.

Sent it to my Aerospace buddy, he replied with this. "Other life, yes, but have they made it to us, no." Then sent me this video. I'm kind of on team Bob Lazar though.

That conspiracy has been going on for almost a century, if we have been working with aliens for that long how come america still has to use lowly F18's and F35's, assuming only the US (Most powerful country) is dealing with aliens how come the military is still using jet propulsion and conventional ammo and still unable to truly defeat the goat ****ers? Think about it, this magical race has bent space/time to travel incomprehensible distances to get here only to deal with one goverment? (Get real, all the world powers would NOT all mutually keep that a secret for so long)

I'd listen to your aerospace buddy lol

Kiohtee

Established Member
That conspiracy has been going on for almost a century, if we have been working with aliens for that long how come america still has to use lowly F18's and F35's, assuming only the US (Most powerful country) is dealing with aliens how come the military is still using jet propulsion and conventional ammo and still unable to truly defeat the goat ****ers? Think about it, this magical race has bent space/time to travel incomprehensible distances to get here only to deal with one goverment? (Get real, all the world powers would NOT all mutually keep that a secret for so long)

I get the overwhelming sensation that you vehemently and automatically support whatever government tells you as the gospel. I could be wrong, but you seem to be missing so many simple things as to why anybody with power would keep another (alien) civilization a secret from its population, why we go to war in the first place, etc.

Carry on though.

SirShaun

Established Member

With great power comes great responsibility. Risk vs reward. Would we have known we had nuclear capabilities had we not needed it? If we were to lose this technology, because what can go wrong, will go wrong, our enemies now have the technology. I don't believe we have seen a scenario where we have needed to use this technology. I imagine element 115 is rather scarce as is.

No shit, I'll never forget, we had a special guest speaker with a presentation in elementary school. I was in around third/fourth grade. He had some government background. He seemed legit then lol, but I was a young kid.

This guy blew our little minds. Auditorium full of kids grade KG-5th. Basically told us technology is being drip fed to us, because the general population cannot handle the change it brings. I remember some examples, maybe he didn't say time travel, but the ability to warp from one space to another was a big one. A "mass" printer which prints items we have to leave the house for or wait to get shipped to us (food, items, etc). Think 3d printer on crack.

CPUs, Memory, Semiconductors, Alloys, Artificial Intelligence, Plasma Physics, Self Driving Cars, Rail Guns, Stealth, whatever else crazy where the shit did that come from stuff you can think of.

Maybe it's natural progression, or maybe it was a gift. There was a catalyst somewhere between the time our grandparents were young and today. Look how far we have made it as a civilization in the last 100 years, when compared to the rest of history... My grandma remembers dirt roads and horse and buggy...

Last edited:

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member

What if they aren't really working with us or what have you, but did crash? I imagine it would take several decades to reverse engineer something as sophisticated as what we are talking about. Not to mention applying all the new found information to produce our own adaptation.

Kiohtee

Established Member
What if they aren't really working with us or what have you, but did crash? I imagine it would take several decades to reverse engineer something as sophisticated as what we are talking about. Not to mention applying all the new found information to produce our own adaptation.

Right? Also, how would we reverse engineer an alien craft and implement their technology if, for instance, it depended on something that isn't available to us here on earth or that we even knew existed prior? This isn't NASCAR we're talking about. Competition, for lack of a better term, can't crash here and we fix it with duct tape and now we too are as sophisticated as them.

blk02edge

Established Member
I get the overwhelming sensation that you vehemently and automatically support whatever government tells you as the gospel. I could be wrong, but you seem to be missing so many simple things as to why anybody with power would keep another (alien) civilization a secret from its population, why we go to war in the first place, etc.

Carry on though.
Uh no. I can say the same about you guys following that retarded dude on history channel. I base my opinion on the laws of physics and the probability of an alien race being able to travel well beyond light speed.

And yea sure.... Space ship capable of bending space time but crashes trying to enter an atmosphere... Lol....

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I base my opinion on the laws of physics and the probability of an alien race being able to travel well beyond light speed.

Upfront let me say i'm not trying to start a fight. What is the probability of an alien race being able to travel at the speed of light?
There are so many unanswered questions having to do with our own world, much less others.
We exist and have advanced technilogically, so it would seem possible other planets somewhere have too. I'm not saying I buy in to all of this alien stuff, but I am defending the possibility it could be..

blk02edge

Established Member
Upfront let me say i'm not trying to start a fight. What is the probability of an alien race being able to travel at the speed of light?
There are so many unanswered questions having to do with our own world, much less others.
We exist and have advanced technilogically, so it would seem possible other planets somewhere have too. I'm not saying I buy in to all of this alien stuff, but I am defending the possibility it could be..
Oh I totally agree, I have no idea what their probability is of traveling light speed. What I do imagine is the probability of them being able to do so, travel the distances needed to get here and then crash landing when they hit earths atmosphere is slim to none.

I also think the probability of an advanced civilization finally getting here and only conspiring with top govt officials is also slim to none. What a lot of people do not understand as well is the vast amount of private/public radio telescopes/ and other telescopes that can not be interfered with by such a narrow band of people who would want to keep it quiet.

But I will say, yep there's the chance im wrong and you're all right. Good discussion

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
If u get a chance watch the Movie Hanger 18. It came out in the 80's but it was the first movie on Roswell and is still one of the better ones. U can find it on utube

I love this kid of stuff. I have watched all of the Area 51, Area 52 and Area 6 documentaries I can find. I love Roswell also. However, I am conflicted, not sure what is real and what I want to be real. I want to go to Roswell during the 4th of July. Anyone ever watched Hangar 1, use to be on history channel.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
...... just why... Would all of earth's governments need to hide such a fact, why would the visitors need to hide themselves from us and only speak to the men in black. IMO this is the #2 prime example of what people choose to believe more than what makes sense.......

You don't need to wear a tinfoil hat to realize the govt forces would hide just about EVERYTHING if they could get away with it. It's all about power and control.

And regarding ET's: with some 2 TRILLION galaxies and each of them with billions of stars, there's gotta be plenty of alien life out there.

Users who are viewing this thread