Let There Be Rock Salt

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Main roads were just wet, but the secondary roads were pretty ugly... :burnout:

Hope you all have DD's today, because this definitely isn't Cobra weather!

oxw01svt

Established Member
my friends parking lot at his apartment looked like the beach there was so much salt last night. All that salt for us to have rain today here. it seems that this year they put salt down if they even hear a chance of snow. the roads have been white for the past month, i cant wait for the spring!

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
Here in SE PA they mix salt with cinders (ground up granite). It's like driving down a gravel road that has been salted. Does a number to the paint... chip... chip... :dw: I call it "patina". Today my car sits covered with snow, but it has been driven every other day.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
On the way to work today, I hit a pile of salt/sand at a traffic light, I guess the dumbass driving was still dumping it when he stopped for the light. I was in the Jeep and it was a damn harsh bump, couldn't imagine hitting the same thing in a car.

Hope you all have DD's today, because this definitely isn't Cobra weather!

After we had already gotten 4" of snow down here and still snowing, I was on my way home from work yesterday and passed a new M3 vert and a new GT-R. Who needs a DD? :rockon:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I was just in upper MoCo and trash trucks were stuck back to back on an icy back road. Low 4x4 gear right around and kept on keepin on. People in ditches and sliding off driveways all over Dickerson and Darnestown. Abandoned their cars right on the main road. IDIOTS!

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
My cobra is all tucked away in the garage. But its the first time it has been in 6 months. My friends are driving me today lol

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
Just got back from driving about 5 miles SB in the NB lanes on the PA turnpike responding to a multi tractor trailer crash involving passenger vehicles. Couldn't go SB from the interchange because of backlog. Total of 5TT's and 11 passenger vehicles. Talk about stupidity.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I was just in upper MoCo and trash trucks were stuck back to back on an icy back road. Low 4x4 gear right around and kept on keepin on. People in ditches and sliding off driveways all over Dickerson and Darnestown. Abandoned their cars right on the main road. IDIOTS!

Is the ice really that bad up there that you needed 4Lo? I'm still waiting to find someone in a ditch that I can pull out with the Jeep. I drove 65-70 mph all the way to work today without a problem, no ice seen anywhere.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Dale you should have tried to drive on Bennsville or Billingsley yesterday. You would have found plenty of people, and two school buses to pull out. Those roads were a mess.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I couldn't drive more than a half mile without seeing an accident, someone on curb, or an accident in progress yesterday. I counted 12, in a stretch that was maybe a total of 9 miles.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Lesson learned for me yesterday.... Went out at 7AM to warm up the cars. After having to pry the doors a bit with a screw driver to crack the Ice i started the cars, and cranked up the defrost. After a 1/2 hour of melting I guess was lucky to only end up with 1 cracked windshield. :nono: :nonono:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Dale you should have tried to drive on Bennsville or Billingsley yesterday. You would have found plenty of people, and two school buses to pull out. Those roads were a mess.

Damn, really? Maybe I'll go that way this afternoon and see if there are any.

Users who are viewing this thread