Lethal o/r h pipe without a retune?

finnfour83

Established Member
Hey guys, putting on my lethal h pipe today and am going to get my car dyno tuned in about a week. Am I safe to drive the car for 2 weeks without getting it retuned? I know my engine light will come on, but I just want to make sure I'm not going to cause any damage. It's my daily driver so I'll probably do 500 miles in that time. I have jlt intake, gt500 axle back and base American muscle 93 tune, is it safe?

ViciousJay

Established Member
leave the stock intake on but the o/r pipe on will be fine, youll throw a check engine but youll be fine

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
It will run rich. Computer will compensate with fuel to cool the cats that it thinks are there and are running hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stang8psi

Established Member
^ not sure thats true, These cars have adaptive learning, meaning the o2's will read rich and than the comp will compensate and correct itself?

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
There is a pretty decent shot that with your current tune they turned the rear O2s off already. A lot of tuners do this weather you have cats or not. You'll know pretty quick.

burke985

Established Member
Just ask AM to send you an updated tune to run on until you get your dyno tune and then you dont have to worry about anything

scotmach

Established Member
^ not sure thats true, These cars have adaptive learning, meaning the o2's will read rich and than the comp will compensate and correct itself?

Correct they have adaptive learning but unless the COT feature is turned off the car can't compensate for that.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I though it should unleash at least ten ponies from deleting the cats.

Not unless the car is tuned for it. Just deleting the cats without a retune will hurt performance not help it. The old days are over where you delete cats and turn off the CEL or get Mils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread