Lethal Performance 3" Offroad H-Pipes..

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Should have some available to ship by the end of the week. I'll post up pics and more details as soon as they arrive.

Jared

metaman

Established Member
The H is generally louder than the X, the power differences will be splitting hairs. It sounds more old school muscle car where as the X sounds more new school nascarish.

I personally prefer the X because it is quiet when you want it to be and loud when you want it to be. The H is just loud all of the time.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Hundreds esp younger ppl said my bassani x/or and catback 03 is the best they ever heard so whatever trips ur trigger. Course that has a different firing order that even sounds higher than a 2011.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
No plans as of yet to make a catted version or a short version for longtubes. This H pipe will be just like our X, bolts to stock manifolds and to any cat-back exhaust that uses stock location/size over axle pipes.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
I think your wrong on the pwr statement!!

the pressure waves an x-pipe creates is why. there are no low pressure waves from and h. all of the power an h makes is from torque. an h pipe increases the effective collector area of the exhaust. an x pipe has the torque but also improves power. and x is louder because the low pressure waves travel down and up the exhaust.

assasinator

Established Member
that all an h-pipe does is increase the collector area. a larger collector increases torque, a smaller one improves power. a perfect collector merges to a point where there is no restriction and has a powerful pressure spike for scavenging, but also then increases to better torque. adding an h-pipe after that adds collector area. and torque. not HP. hp is a side effect of an h-pipe.

assasinator

Established Member
an h-pipe decreases sound volume by an average 2dB-4dB. it DOES not make an exhaust louder. mellower, deeper, yes. louder? nope.

assasinator

Established Member
Im betting slightly less power but a much better sound, the "new" nascar raspy sound does nothing for me.

i love the raspy sound. love it. my turbo stang is more classic sounding off boost. until the dumped 60mm wastegate opens it's nice sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread