Lethal Performance Cams

CV355

_
Established Member
I'm considering cams for my '14 GT500. I couldn't give less of a crap about power, but I do not want to sacrifice driveability whatsoever. I went with some extremely aggressive cams in my old 2V drag car and the thing was terrible to drive around unless deep into the gas pedal.

I saw that Bullet Cams has a "Lethal Grind" that uses the stock springs. If I go that route, how much could I expect the install to run, and are there any other considerations that have to be made? Any negative effects I should be aware of?

I'm overly cautious because my last go-around with heavy mods left me with an undriveable car, and I absolutely do not want to have to upgrade the shortblock or any other drivetrain components. The car will never see a track, and I am extremely gentle on it.

my13Elenor

Established Member
I have L&M NSR cams and they are pretty close to stock drive ability even with the stock 3:31 gears, key is the tune, I went with Ken Bjonnes from Palm Beach Dyno, he did an awesome job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CV355

_
Established Member
So you want cams for the sound rather than performance?

Pretty much. I've hit the 4-digit club before- won't bother doing it again.

Also, I live in SC. It's totally acceptable to drive around drunk and stoned in this state, but God forbid you drive 1mph over the ridiculously low speed limits.

I don't care about performance anymore- just want to enjoy the drive and hear some rumbling while waiting for the guy in front of me to put his cell phone down and move when the light turns green :)

Last edited:

ArchdukePoland

Established Member
Ghost Tune?? My buddy got one on his 302 Boss. It sounded pretty good and the driveablity wasn't shit. Sounds like it is a hit or miss with other cars. Very dependent on the tuner. Way cheaper than installing cam for sound only.

Users who are viewing this thread