Lethal running special on Corsa's-HP/TQ Question?

STCobra

STREDEYE
Established Member
BLK Corsa 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 Sport Axle-Back + XO-Pipe (BLACK Twin 4"

Pro-Series Tips)-SKU-COR-14323BLK. Corsa produces top quality products.

Usually mufflers are for noise rather than HP gains. Does anyone think it produces

35 HP and 47 more TQ? 6 lbs. lighter yes but not sure about the HP/TQ numbers.

It's a sick looking system though!!! Would look awesome on my DIB Shelby for

Christmas. Decisions, decisions.... Does anyone currently run this system?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
35hp/47tq from axle back mufflers only? Yes, that is BS, and if you have to ask....
I've seen them in person, great look, but I don't like any logos on my tips. Not that noticeable and the black finish is sweet in person.
-J

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
35hp/47tq from axle back mufflers only? Yes, that is BS, and if you have to ask....
I've seen them in person, great look, but I don't like any logos on my tips. Not that noticeable and the black finish is sweet in person.
-J

+1 I don't like having logos all displayed on my car, especially the exhaust tips. That's why I like the look I the magnaflow come vs borla. The borla logo was raised and very noticeable. The corsa logo at least looks to be non textured

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
BLK Corsa 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 Sport Axle-Back + XO-Pipe (BLACK Twin 4"

Pro-Series Tips)-SKU-COR-14323BLK. Corsa produces top quality products.

Usually mufflers are for noise rather than HP gains. Does anyone think it produces

35 HP and 47 more TQ? 6 lbs. lighter yes but not sure about the HP/TQ numbers.

It's a sick looking system though!!! Would look awesome on my DIB Shelby for

Christmas. Decisions, decisions.... Does anyone currently run this system?

Just noticed you had x-pipe in there.
If you do an X or H pipe without cats which requires a tune and the mufflers then yes those gains are easily possible.
If you plan on keeping cats I'd keep the stock cats, best quality IMO.
I ran a tune only with no other mods for a while, it makes a nice difference. The tune plus exhaust is def. a worthy mod and theCorsas are a quality product.
Let us know if you pull the trigger.
-J
:beer:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
+1 I don't like having logos all displayed on my car, especially the exhaust tips. That's why I like the look I the magnaflow come vs borla. The borla logo was raised and very noticeable. The corsa logo at least looks to be non textured

It is a subtle logo, one guy here had problems with the manga flow blacks flaking, just a heads up.
-J

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Just noticed you had x-pipe in there.
If you do an X or H pipe without cats which requires a tune and the mufflers then yes those gains are easily possible.
If you plan on keeping cats I'd keep the stock cats, best quality IMO.
I ran a tune only with no other mods for a while, it makes a nice difference. The tune plus exhaust is def. a worthy mod and theCorsas are a quality product.
Let us know if you pull the trigger.
-J
:beer:

You don't really believe an off road pipe and mufflers are going to flow better than stock enough to "easily" get a 34/47 bump do you? You're crazy. :lol:

Siscakidd

Livin the dream
Established Member
I have them on my 14, the logo is etched in the finish,and really does not draw your eye to it,I also had a tune and res delete,and maybe picked 30-40 hp total according to the tuner
image_zpsdc3b7490.jpg

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I have them on my 14, the logo is etched in the finish,and really does not draw your eye to it,I also had a tune and res delete,and maybe picked 30-40 hp total according to the tuner
Yup, tunes are worth about 40rwhp by themselves so that sounds about right.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
You don't really believe an off road pipe and mufflers are going to flow better than stock enough to "easily" get a 34/47 bump do you? You're crazy. :lol:

Really, did you read that well or my first response? I said if doing the tune+cat delete+mufflers it will easily make those gains, that mufflers alone will do very little.
PM sent on mufflers.
-J

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Really, did you read that well or my first response? I said if doing the tune+cat delete+mufflers it will easily make those gains, that mufflers alone will do very little.
PM sent on mufflers.
-J

We both know the guy was asking about what power gains you'll get from exhaust. The tune is worth 40hp, not the exhaust. That would be misleading.

Gunna pass on the mufflers, thanks.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
We both know the guy was asking about what power gains you'll get from exhaust. The tune is worth 40hp, not the exhaust. That would be misleading.

Gunna pass on the mufflers, thanks.

Not sure what you're saying is misleading here, we both know the answer and my first response was :bs:.
The tune accounts for most of the gains, but an o/r mid-pipe and muffler swap will still pick up over the stock h-pipe and mufflers :shrug:
Here's the link:
Corsa 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 Sport Axle-Back + XO-Pipe - Corsa - Axle-backs - Exhaust - 2013-2014 5.8L Shelby GT500
Doesn't mention tuning, but we both know an o/r X will require it.
Interesting to know Corsa is made in Ohio, between SW and Corsa, we have some bad@ss exhaust companies :rockon:
-J

Users who are viewing this thread