Let's get it on

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Spent the day cleaning and preping the garage. It's the first nice weekend since Christmas, so I'm getting up in the morning to do a blower swap and assorted other supporting mods. Any last minute tips to make my life easier? Installing the following:

VMP
New TB
New MAF
New plugs
New injectors
KB BAP

Goal is four hours or less.

Jason

PS - for those running Weld RT-S rims, are hub centric rings required. Bought a set used with lugs and he said he ran them without rings.

Last edited:

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Label the screws. I mixed up the screws that hold down the fuel rail and throttle body. They look the same but one set is a bit longer. Don't rush take your time.

Try to lift one side of the fuel rail up first and have a rag under the low point to catch the fuel.

DaFreak

Established Member
Good call on the rail rags Cody! I spilled all over when I did mine :)

OP take your time with all the various clips when disconnecting and be sure to pull/reuse the old blower locator pins too.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Don't forget to swap over the dowel pins from the underside of the blower! They help line up the holes and keep it from moving around. You'll see what I'm talking about after you pull off the stock blower. The other thing is to pull the fuel pump fuse and try to start the engine for a few seconds. That will help relieve some of the fuel pressure so it doesn't spray all over the place. Finally don't forget to disconnect the battery before you go unplugging and unhooking everything (aside from fuel pump fuse of course). VMP has a really good write up on how to swap the blower. Just google it and you should see what I mean. Good luck!

08KR525

Established Member
A 2nd set of hands always helps when removing and setting the blower. Those things are kinda heavy and you don't want to damage the intercooler. Also be sure to set the voltage on the throttle positioning sensor before you fire it up. You did get a tune right?

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
It's done and datalogged. Now just waiting on Lund to review the initial logs before heading to the Dyno. Install was pretty simple. Got everything swapped and changed out well within 4 hours and that was taking our time and goofing off a little. Didn't run into any surprises, swap was pretty straight forward.

Lund is supplying the tune. Loaded their base tune and fired right up. Did some idle logging and different held RMP logging, everything is running smooth as glass. Can't wait to hear back from Lund so I can get her on the road and romp on her.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread