Let's Go Race!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Even if it clears in time make sure you call the track before you go. I've made it all the way out there before only to find out it was closed. I sure hope it clears, I'm ready to go.

ShaneHayes

Established Member
so who all went? how was the turn out? c'mon...let's see some times here! i had a dinner gathering with my parents so i ened up staying.:( next time, i am going. when is the next date...next Saturday?

Jamie R.

Established Member
I think this saturday SGMP will be open and if it is I will be over there otherwise I would head up there with you guys.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I think this saturday SGMP will be open and if it is I will be over there otherwise I would head up there with you guys.

Jamie R.

I'm considering going down there myself. I'll probably make my final decision on Fri. though. Mayber I'll see ya there.:beer:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
It's 1.5hrs for me, but the track is much better than SDR. It will depend on if I can get a trailer or not as to where I go. No trailer= SDR. Trailer= SGMP.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Well when I go to SGMP I like to trailer it just in case. Being broke 1.5hrs from home sucks. I've done it once before down there with my old 97 cobra(sticky tire and track > cobra). I drive it to SDR cause if it breaks there it's no big deal. My buddy is the service manager at the Chebby dealership next to the track. In fact that's where we do most of the work on my car. If it breaks at SDR we just take it next door and fix it there.

Jamie R.

Established Member
I totally understand about the trailer because it's nice to know that it's there for the unplanned happenings. If my cousin and I go we will be taking my '87 former Factory Stock Car, stock cam, gt-40 heads, cobra intake, nothing ported , and will usually run low 12's and has hit some high 11's on good days. We have changed a couple of things just playing around with it to see what it will do. I've changed a couple of things on Cobra since the MM&FF article so I should run it but we have been just tinkering with the ole fox. Maybe we will see you there!

Jamie R.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Jamie, what time are they opening on Satuday? I really would rather go to SGMP as I know it will hook. I'm not sure SDR is gonna hook that well after having the track redone, but I could be wrong.

Jamie R.

Established Member
Just looked at their website and for Feb. 2 they will open the gates at 11 a.m. and then run from 12 until 5.30.

Jamie R.

Users who are viewing this thread