lets hear about or see your first car

crystalwhitesvt

whitesnake
Established Member
Ok all you SVT faithful lets see or hear abut your first car here's mine. I got this car when I was 15 in 1986 had it until 2002. When I sold it for my first Mustang a Chrome Yellow GT.
1972 Datsun 240Z
72240z003.jpg

72240z001.jpg

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
First car was a 98 GT I got when I was 17. Learned to drive stick on it. Had it for 4 years and did plenty of mods over the years. Ended up with a Procharger P-1SC and full bolt ons. :pepper:

Close to stock:
Image03.jpg

Then: :beer:
Silver98GT.JPG

burn.JPG

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
First car I was allowed to drive was my dad's girlfriends 1996 Corsica. I molested it.

First car considered mine was my 72 Ford F100 POS. Rebuilt the motor on it, but I haven't gotten it running yet.

I'm starting the process of buying my first car. 1987 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 5 speed notch. Hopefully will get to call mine in about 2 weeks.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
untitled4ut.png

That's not my actual car, but that's exactly what it looked like.

AMC Eagle 4x4 station wagon. The REAL sports utility wagon that Subaru ripped off. It was my mother's car when I was growing up, and it was passed on to me when I got my license.

It had very little power, but once it got rolling it took an act of God to stop it. Had the choke freeze open on me when I floored it once, and it pushed me out through a stop sign. Hit a Monte Carlo SS and took out it's quarter panel and ripped the back bumper mount off that side. The Eagle had a small piece of rubber trim crack and that was it.

The first car I bought on my own was the truck I owned right after the Eagle, a 1993 Ranger Splash.
kaneandtruck8ay.jpg

Was in four wrecks with that thing, none of which were my fault. Finally had an old tree fall on the thing in a thunderstorm and crush the roof in... which led to me springing for a custom paint job while it was in the body shop. I always had dreams of supercharging it's V6, but never had the money.

sixt5

Established Member
bought this at 15
Side2.jpg

it now looks like..
DSCF2293.jpg

bought this at 17
DSCF1721.jpg

still have both. going to be buying my first newer car ,a 99+ gt, in abuot 7 or 8 months

machstang23

Established Member
my first car was a 66 mustang coupe I got when I was 15. It was a total rust bucket and the motor didn't run (got it for $500) well I pulled the 6 and tranny dropped in a 302 w/ manual tranny from a 90lx coupe, go it running real good, then I started on the body work and soon realized why its best to try and find a car with a good body (sold it soon after)! the I bought an 88 lx hatchback with t-tops that I drove all through highschool (man I iwsh I still had that car!!!)

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
well i had a 1963 ford falcon to drive around in high school but my first car that i bought with my own money in my name is the 1993 coupe that i have now.

coupe7pz.jpg

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I'll date myself a little bit. My first (and only Chevy) was a '61 Chevy Bel-Air with chrome fender skirts that I got for $150 when I was 16 and newly licensed. Brakes went out the 2nd day I bought it and I hit a tree. Rearranged the letters on the hood to read "THE ROLE". Only ran on three cylinders. Sold it to a junk yard within a year for the same amount I bought it for. Upgraded to a '63 Galaxie 500 XL and have been pretty faithful to Ford and Lincoln/Mercury since then.

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member

Cougar.jpg

1973 Cougar XR7

351 Cleveland, 4 brl, tuned headers and exhaust

Cool Ride for a 17 year-old WannaBe House Framer waaaaaaaaaay back in 1975. :)

Hoosier4.6

Established Member
I had a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a slipping transmission and about 200k miles on it. I decided to run to my local autoparts store and buy every red and black neoprene "Racing" interior dress up piece I could. My pals and I got a good chuckle out of that car.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
My first car is well, my cobra. I am very fortuntate to have a dad bring me away from imports. I wanted a honda, but he said "you will go look at this mustang and ride in it, then you can decide" Well now its a healthy V8 for me

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
My first car I drove around was an '87 Buick Century, which my mom bought because she was getting pissed at me borrowing her car all the time. The first car I bought myself is this:

2340783_15_full.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2340783/1

It's a 350-powered S10, and it's enough until I buy a fox body or Lightning.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
That's exactly like one of my friend's trucks. Except his is a Sonoma and has a built 400 bored .030 over. It goes like stink!

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
This was my baby. I bought her at 17 years old in 2001. I paid cash $12,482. I saved since I was 15. Oh btw, she was bone stock when I bought her and looked like this in 2004. Current vehicle is in my sig.
stang6fq.jpg

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
'71 ElCamino. Took out the 307 and put in a 396. Sold it when Uncle Sam shipped me to Germany.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
civic2.jpg

smallcar.jpg

First car of my own. Put me through my ricer phase. Had no engine mods, but I had halo projectors headlights, clear corners, euro tails, 17" wheels, coilovers, loud exhaust and a nice loud stereo. Eventually figured out it was a crappy car, and took off the lighting stuff. Wish I had just turbo'd it when I had the money instead of wasting it. Still, it looked good and was a good first car. I'll always like imports and would still take a nice civic to mod the hell out of. Wish I could have this one back to do everything right.

Users who are viewing this thread