Lets play, good deal or bad deal

FijiStudios

I Drive Slow
Established Member
2000 Mustang GT 4.6 High Performance

"For Sale" "PRICE REDUCED"!!!!! from $12,000.00 to $9,950.00.
Our Loss Your Gain !!!! Well over $12K Invested.. "Serious Inquires Only Please"
"PLEASE SEE PARTS LIST BELOW"
Asking $9,950.00 O.B.O.
2000 Mustang GT 4.6 High Performance Engine Producing Over 300 Plus Horsepower.
Tremec T56- 6 Speed Cobra Manual Trans.
P/S, P/B, P/W, P/L, Power Driver Seat. Gray Leather Interior with no rips or tears. Cold A/C. Only 88,000 Original Miles. Very Clean Car !!!!!!!!!! Also have a set of Cobra Rims that will go with the car as well.

This car was built to be the best of both worlds. We converted it from a factory 5 speed manual to a Tremec T56- 6 Speed Manual with 3:27 gears. Use it as an everyday Street Rod, Or, start adding on the bolt on Power Adders to handle whatever you would like to do with it. This engine is built for Power Adders of your choice. If you want more power, the DSS Racing Modular Short Block is designed to strengthen the lower end of the 4.6 engine for these setups. We have a lot of hours and money in this car, and would appreciate serious inquires only, please. I have listed a lot of parts below, but there are too many to list. The complete engine rebuild, transmission, suspension, brakes and all other components listed below all have less than 1,000 miles on them and are still in the break in period.

Daytime Contact: Call or Text Dave at Eight One Two-345-93 four four.
Evenings & Weekends: Call or Text Dave at Eight One Two-340-16 six eight.

Engine:
DSS Racing Modular Short Block.
D.S.S. SX 10cc Dished Forged Pistons
Molly rings
Tri Metal Main & Rod Bearings
Fully Race Balanced Ford GT Crankshaft
Ford Cast Iron Block
Forged I beam Rods with ARP rod bolts.
PI Aluminum Heads, Machined and Complete New Valve Job.
All New Ford Racing Head Bolts
BBK Long Tube Ceramic Coated Headers
BBK Catted "X" Pipe "Street Legal"
Magnaflo Mufflers
Magnaflo Fitted Tailpipes W/ Stainless Magnaflo Tips
Typhoon Intake Manifold
Chrome Cold Air Intake
Moroso Racing 9 Quart Drag Style Oil Pan
DSS Racing Oil Additives
Ford Racing High Volume Oil Pump
Ford Racing Header Gaskets
Engine was built with all new Fel-Pro Gaskets
All New Hydraulic Lifters
New Cam Gears
New Timing Chains
New Water Pump
New Thermostat & Seal
New Rear Main Seal Set

Transmission:
Professionally Rebuilt Tremec T56 -- 6 Speed Manual
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
Spec Billet Flywheel with replaceable center disc
Ford Racing Pilot Bearing
Ford Racing Clutch Fork
New Steeda Shorty T56 Racing Shifter & Handle
Shelby Classic White 6-Speed Shifter Knob
Ford Racing T56 Cross Member for 6 Speed Manual Conversion
Billet Aluminum Clutch Pedal Quadrant
New Trans Yoke & U-Joint
Shortened & Balanced Driveshaft for Trans Conversion

Other Items:
"Diablo" Engine Control Module Handheld Tuner (Included with Purchase of car)
BBK Sub-Frame Connectors (Included, Not Installed Yet)
American Muscle Chrome 105 Amp Alternator
New 5 Lug Hardened Rear Axles
New Rear Axle Bearings & Seals
4 New Oxygen Sensors
New Fuel Filter
New Rear Shocks
New Front Struts
BBK Performance SOHC Embossed Cast Aluminum Covers
New Rear Calipers & Brake Pads
New Anthracite Bullitt 17" X 8" Wheels With New Sumitomo Tires
All New Chrome Lugs Nuts
New Battery

So you guys think a dss shortblock t56 2000 gt is a DEAL at $10k?

I am looking for a deal and not sure where this measures up.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
I suppose, but what condition is the body in. I'm assuming the body is probably decent if this much has been done elsewhere to the car...

I don't think it's an insanely good deal. There's a lot of professionally, highly modded Mustangs very similar to this one that seem to hover in that price range. The built engine is definately a plus, as most of the cars in that price range that have mods skip straight to the blowers. If you don't ever plan on adding any boost, than you're probably over paying, but if you're going to be adding boost, looks like it has most of the prerequisites met.

FijiStudios

I Drive Slow
Established Member
I suppose, but what condition is the body in. I'm assuming the body is probably decent if this much has been done elsewhere to the car...

I don't think it's an insanely good deal. There's a lot of professionally, highly modded Mustangs very similar to this one that seem to hover in that price range. The built engine is definately a plus, as most of the cars in that price range that have mods skip straight to the blowers. If you don't ever plan on adding any boost, than you're probably over paying, but if you're going to be adding boost, looks like it has most of the prerequisites met.

These are my thoughts exactly. I think that it is one blower away from being a monster car. Although, until then, it is just a gt with forged internals. The T56 is more important to me than the internals.

What do you guys think it would be worth with a blower and 500hp?

Sick03Vert

Banned
These are my thoughts exactly. I think that it is one blower away from being a monster car. Although, until then, it is just a gt with forged internals. The T56 is more important to me than the internals.

What do you guys think it would be worth with a blower and 500hp?

As it sits, I'd say it's worth around $7k to me. With a blower and 500hp? Maybe $12k - $13k.

Unfortunately, as we all know, you NEVER get your mod money back on the sale. And it is a GT...not a Cobra or Saleen. So the price would have to reflect that.

Nice looking car though.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Id say if you were going to buy a GT and do a build like this, getting this particular GT already built is a deal for you then as you are paying only minimum cost on the build versus spending $6-8k on a GT and another $5-6k on those mods. But this build looks pretty useless unless you plan on adding another $3-4k for boost. I usually frown upon buying pre-modded cars but if they have the mods you planned on doing, it makes sense to go this route IF its been done correctly. Hopefully the motor was assembled by a good shop or if himself if he is a competent builder/modder.

The car itself looks very clean, and from the engine build list it sounds like it was done properly.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Price isn't outrageous at all, I'd try to get them down another grand or 2 for a better deal tho. The car is a blower away from being a ~600hp monster.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
I usually frown upon buying pre-modded cars but if they have the mods you planned on doing, it makes sense to go this route IF its been done correctly. Hopefully the motor was assembled by a good shop or if himself if he is a competent builder/modder.

Agreed...buying pre-modded cars tends to be assumed as "their loss, your gain" type of deal because there's no blue book value for aftermarket parts. Even guys with factory Roush cars (mostly those with SN95s) have problems with this because the often get blue booked right along with every other GT. But in my experience, I bought a car I thought was a great deal because it already had a blower and the mods I wanted, but it didn't take long to realize a lot of stuff had been half assed - leaving me to pay to have the engine rebuilt when the tune wasn't quite right, and otherwise having to redo a lot of stuff I probably could have saved money on just having everything modified myself.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
It might be also important to check into what compression ratio this is. Even with the built engine, if the compression is too high, you might be limited on what you can do for FI. That, and I'm sometimes leary buying recent rebuilds. I get some people are looking to make a quick, legit flip and have done the work correctly, but a lot of times these early rebuilds make me wonder if someone just had the car rebuilt good enough so they could get it off their hands.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread