Lets see how well Allstate values there customers

hostile500

Established Member
He hit the gas instead of the brake. Everything underneath is destroyed. His car kinda went under mine. The auto body shop is taking it apart today I'll know more on what's actually broken this afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BossBlock302

BANNED
Established Member
578722a7a799181665b035db8b5fa89a.jpg
c76b45864bc7baed88bea302e4bc4dcf.jpg
4012c537dd3ab9791503085dc6e22e67.jpg
fdce322de1f3900a9b69af1e8a904a21.jpg

I wasn't able to get pictures of the quarter panels or spare tire well or frame rails. All lines are pushed and everything's bent down

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

That really doesn't look that bad. You were at a dead stop?

hostile500

Established Member
the pictures don't do justice for it. I saw him at the last second and let off the brake. i was pushed from half a car length before the stop line to 2.5 cars past it.

BossBlock302

BANNED
Established Member
the pictures don't do justice for it. I saw him at the last second and let off the brake. i was pushed from half a car length before the stop line to 2.5 cars past it.

That sucks. I was rear ended on the freeway in my parents suburban when I was younger. He was doing easy 65 without breaking and we smashed into the car in front of us once he hit us

hostile500

Established Member
I think the thing that did the most damage was he had one of those stupid little light bars on the front of the mazda 3. For what reason i have no idea. Thats what crushed the spare tire well i believe. Im hoping its really not as bad as i think it is and its only stupid stuff to fix. That would be best case.

BossBlock302

BANNED
Established Member
I think the thing that did the most damage was he had one of those stupid little light bars on the front of the mazda 3. For what reason i have no idea. Thats what crushed the spare tire well i believe. Im hoping its really not as bad as i think it is and its only stupid stuff to fix. That would be best case.

I heard of a guy with a 2015 GT that a tree fell on the roof and they still repaired it. He had diminished value from somebody else hitting him in the back and they still valued his car at full price, so from an insurance aspect, make sure you try to get diminished value from the other party (they basically give you a couple thousand dollars because your car has lost some value for having been in an accident). Might as well take it if you can

Ohio Snake

Established Member
It my understanding insurance covers the driver and not the vehicle. The statement that progressive made that the car may not be on the policy is inmaterial. If the driver is named on the policy they have a liability to pay for the damages. Think of it the same as you borrowing a car and having an accident your insurance would be responsible to pay for any damages.

That is the case for a lot of carriers, however it all depends on what that policy actually states. I've seen some policies cover only what is listed as a covered incident and other policies the afford coverage for what is not excluded on the policy. This is two very different coverage approaches and one really sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BlueAngel2014

Established Member
just got a call from the claims. apparently they didn't put coverage back on the car before I drove it. meaning collision.... had everything else and because he doesn't have any coverage they aren't covering the accident. I will have to go after the dead beat in civil court. Guess ill be moving all my other policies to another company.

I dropped Allstate decades ago. Same kind of Mickey Mouse BS. They sux big greasy grimy dirty donkey dix, IMHO.

hostile500

Established Member
Yes as soon as this whole thing is over I'll be moving everything from them. Along with a bunch of others I know. They aren't out for there customers.

hostile500

Established Member
From what it looked like he put those pimpin over sized race peddles on and missed the brake. I do t really see how either. I think he was already on something too. Probably texting at the same time. 40 years old. Lives in his parents basement.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
From what it looked like he put those pimpin over sized race peddles on and missed the brake. I do t really see how either. I think he was already on something too. Probably texting at the same time. 40 years old. Lives in his parents basement.
That wicked sucks. What a loser.
Good luck!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
This sucks. People like me been paying insurance for over 10 years without any kind of accident/payout. They have plenty of money. Just pay it out for people who need it!
I agree bro!
The insurance companies should make the people that cause the accidents to pay more. Let them pay for their mistakes and not pass it onto everyone else with a clean driving record.

BossBlock302

BANNED
Established Member
I agree bro!
The insurance companies should make the people that cause the accidents to pay more. Let them pay for their mistakes and not pass it onto everyone else with a clean driving record.

I so agree. I should be off the hook for paying unless I cause an accident. I got a similar BS answer from a real estate agent when I asked why they deserve a $30k commission for selling my house. They told me I'm paying them for the houses they don't sell lol (sold mine without an agent but that was an excuse an agent who was trying to sell my house used). No offense to agents on here, but making people pay for other people just doesn't make sense to me lol

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I so agree. I should be off the hook for paying unless I cause an accident. I got a similar BS answer from a real estate agent when I asked why they deserve a $30k commission for selling my house. They told me I'm paying them for the houses they don't sell lol (sold mine without an agent but that was an excuse an agent who was trying to sell my house used). No offense to agents on here, but making people pay for other people just doesn't make sense to me lol

He or she basically tried to tell you they had no competition in real estate and getaway with charging that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hostile500

Established Member
So i just heard back from my autobody guy. The frame rails are fine. The impact bumper under the bumper cover too all the hit. As soon as they pulled that off the rear quarters came back!!!! Everything just all the normal pieces that will need replacing. These parts arent cheap $9000 worth.

Still no word on if progressive is going to cover his end of my crash. Its a waiting game

paluka21

Established Member
So i just heard back from my autobody guy. The frame rails are fine. The impact bumper under the bumper cover too all the hit. As soon as they pulled that off the rear quarters came back!!!! Everything just all the normal pieces that will need replacing. These parts arent cheap $9000 worth.

Still no word on if progressive is going to cover his end of my crash. Its a waiting game

That's great the car isn't totaled and the frame rails are straight. Essentially cosmetic and not structural.
Best of luck to you and hope it all works out in your favor given that you're the innocent party that was a victim of careless driving from an uninsured motorist.

hostile500

Established Member
What does everyone think this car would loose in value now that all this stuff has happened? If i was to try and sell it

BossBlock302

BANNED
Established Member
What does everyone think this car would loose in value now that all this stuff has happened? If i was to try and sell it

It's hard to say. It all depends on if the buyer won't pay the same for one that hasn't been wrecked. That's why diminished value can work in you favor (if they let you get it) so you get a few bucks back now.

Users who are viewing this thread