Let's see those 351W foxbodies

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Jeez no love for this thread... Gotta post pics to start it.. sheesh..

Old Fuel Injected Setup:

2383019_6_full.jpg

Me Fuel Injected vs. 462 Big Block GTO w/TKO 5 spd conversion vs. Full Exhaust Intake, chip, 3.73'ed and nitto'd LT1 Formula.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMCO6EV3tOY

New Carb Setup:

NewCarb.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

Some random pics

2383019_46_full.jpg

2383019_7_full.jpg

2383019_4_full.jpg

242956_261_full.jpg

Of course my favorite pic.

242956_257_full.jpg

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
XR4Turbo said:
Why did you decide to go carb?

Don't get me wrong, I regret it know. I just wanted to get my car back and not have to break the bitch in, and not have to tune it. Guess that failed. I had to rebuild the motor because of a bad carb washing down the cylinders. :D

Plus carb's generally put down more power. Fuel is always there, the intakes are gonna flow good, you can throw a bigger cam in and not worry about the tune throughout the powerband, and the custom carb I got on now generally puts down 10-20 more rwhp than a fully dialed in carb. Best carb on the market. Bar none.

http://www.pro-system.com/racersrides.html

The guy Patrick James was real cool, and the sheet he sent me comprised of my engine specs is really comprehensive so that its golden right out of the box. $740 well spent. That cheaper than a standalone and laptop, and tuning.

If I were to of kept it F.I., I would of had to get a really good tune. I don't know many places around here that can do it. I sure as hell can't do it myself even with an anderson PMS. That solid roller, plus a healthy shot of gas would of put my car out of business for eternity trying to dial it in. Guess thats not saying much now because its off the road as we speak.

My boy has a 357 F.I. Trickflow H/C/I 10:75:1 notch that my friend tuned on a speedbrain standalone, but it always is having issues. Plus it only put down 340 on pump 360 whp on 100 octane. It came in at 266whp. The fuel injected windsors I've seen never really run all that well.

I didn't want to be reliant on a laptop or good tuner (that could be 100 of miles away).

I'm hoping for 4XX on motor and 5XX on the gas to the wheels. The old motor w/ the defective carb made 506@6300 rpms on the engine dyno.

Last edited:

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
ford5.0forlife said:
I'm hoping for 4XX on motor and 5XX on the gas to the wheels. The old motor w/ the defective carb made 506@6300 rpms on the engine dyno.

thing is going to make 350 at the wheels and you're going to have to tear it down again. It'll be running again sometime late 2008.

BADBOLT02

Established Member

I'll be taking it to the track for the first time as soon as the weather breaks sometime in the next couple weeks. Cant wait, I'm goin crazy over here, just go the Pro Stars on a couple of weekends ago.

Users who are viewing this thread