Lets see those trucks!

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
942e4832599abdd0b38b1417ca55e438.jpg
Does that bumper and winch affect adaptive cruise or camera?

C2tuck

Established Member
Does that bumper and winch affect adaptive cruise or camera?

No sir. Camera is in the upper grille between the O and N, and adaptive cruise is in void in the middle of the bumper.

That winch was a HUGE pain in the ass. I’ve seen better detailed instructions on the side of a fruity pebbles box…they left a ton of steps out.

b88fa064932ba1d78964582346ac8bea.jpg

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
No sir. Camera is in the upper grille between the O and N, and adaptive cruise is in void in the middle of the bumper.

That winch was a HUGE pain in the ass. I’ve seen better detailed instructions on the side of a fruity pebbles box…they left a ton of steps out.

b88fa064932ba1d78964582346ac8bea.jpg
I looked at the Ford unit, which is just a rebranded Warn winch. It was $3500 and you lose adaptive cruise and some of the front facing camera.

What brand is your bumper and winch? Would you buy it again, even though the instructions suck?

C2tuck

Established Member
I looked at the Ford unit, which is just a rebranded Warn winch. It was $3500 and you lose adaptive cruise and some of the front facing camera.

What brand is your bumper and winch? Would you buy it again, even though the instructions suck?

It’s the rough country hidden winch. It was about $900. The bumper is the stock modular. Yea, I’d do it again. The hardest part was relocating the oil cooler on the V6 models. Having done one once now, I could probably knock it out in 4-6 hrs.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
It was on a whim and the price was right.

67 F-250 352 4 speed. It's been a long time since I've had anything with a clutch.

Lights don't work, bed is rusted out and it's got a nasty vibration at about 50mph. Also has about a quarter turn of play in the steering wheel. Makes for some exciting driving.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
It was on a whim and the price was right.

67 F-250 352 4 speed. It's been a long time since I've had anything with a clutch.

Lights don't work, bed is rusted out and it's got a nasty vibration at about 50mph. Also has about a quarter turn of play in the steering wheel. Makes for some exciting driving.
I was wondering 4 or 3 on the tree. Yeah, have had vehicles with that steering wheel deal. Almost impossible to keep them going straight. Probably a U joint with that vibration or tire.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I was wondering 4 or 3 on the tree. Yeah, have had vehicles with that steering wheel deal. Almost impossible to keep them going straight. Probably a U joint with that vibration or tire.
I'm thinking u-joint, since the tires are brand new.

I'll start digging into it next week.

andymarkv

Established Member
I'm thinking u-joint, since the tires are brand new.

I'll start digging into it next week.
NICE!! I'd also give the rag joint going into the steering box a quick look while someone is turning the wheel back & forth...seen lots of play there.
You might be able to tighten the sector shaft on the steering box a little as well. (For me, sometimes that helps a lot, sometimes it does nothing)

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
NICE!! I'd also give the rag joint going into the steering box a quick look while someone is turning the wheel back & forth...seen lots of play there.
You might be able to tighten the sector shaft on the steering box a little as well. (For me, sometimes that helps a lot, sometimes it does nothing)
Got to be careful doing that on the steering box. Good call on that joint.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I think I'm going to upgrade to power steering, so I'm not even going to mess with it. I've adjusted the slop in a steering box before. Just need to make sure not to get over zealous.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Quick update on my 2016 F150.
I decided on the Banks Pedal Monster adapter to test out and see if it made a noticeable difference in my trucks "seat of the pants" acceleration and throttle response.
After seeing Banks video on why their product is better than other designs, I was convinced.
Shortly after installing, I can say that this thing works great. Zero issues, easy install, and the adjust in real-time from their phone app is nice.
I ended up leaving mine in Sport mode on setting 8.
Huge difference over stock!

If interested, I show how to install it and real world drive time.
Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread