Lets see those trucks!

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
157C261D-88B6-46A4-A9A5-73FBD92F66A0.jpeg

Son just washed his truck. 2010 XLT, 4.6 3V, 209K miles. It’s next for a detail since we got it last October and got his license 3 months ago.

Recon

Established Member
Getting your moneys worth..nice

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

That’s true. We’ve had it since about 69k miles. She’s been an excellent truck and I don’t ever plan to get rid of her. She has some flaws but I’m thinking next year I’m going to get some new metal installed. Needs a bed and rocker panels are rotted. Which the latter is a common thing since the 70s. Engine has some problems, but I’m closely monitoring them. I think after the body work I’ll get the engine fixed up and be as good as new.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…

Recon

Established Member
That platform (99-06) is going down as one of the all-time greats in truck history. They really are unbeatable vehicles.

Mines a 2000. She’s been an excellent truck. She’s legitimately mine now so I’m getting things fixed. New shocks, all 4 front control arms, a few gaskets, new tires, etc. The engine needs some addition work that hopefully will happen after the body work and I’m thinking of a repaint. Probably the strangest repair is it needed a steering gear replacement twice.
My grandfather bought this truck for my sibling. He broke the trans in it and my father bought it, and fix it. Then it was my daily for probably the last 10 years.
I will say the 99-02 is my favorite body style. Such a good looking truck. I wish my father’s time capsule Duramax was one year older. It’d be that body style.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Agree 100%. My '06 Silverado was by far my favorite truck I ever owned. The size was right, bullet proof LS and clean body style.
I had the same bench in my truck, could drive it for hours without fatigue. The velour on those is much better for durability and comfort vs todays rough "burlap" cloth seats...
View attachment 1800489

Holy shit look at that unicorn. Manual trans and a manual transfer case.

Bad ass!

Let's see some more pics of that beaut.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Good deal, but in jersey, that thing wouldn't have one solid body panel left on it. That is why jersey does not even bother checking OBDI emission at all anymore, most cars that old rotted away, or are treated like collector cars now anyway.

So youre saying it'll bring $10k on eBay? lol

andymarkv

Established Member
Holy shit look at that unicorn. Manual trans and a manual transfer case.

Bad ass!

Let's see some more pics of that beaut.
I'm sure I pimped this out in this thread before...so sorry if its a repeat.
GM topped off my GM card to $2K in Jan '06.(Little did I know '06 was the last year for manual trucks, and the only year for 1/2 tons with HD front end, except '07 classics)
I ordered it with 4.8/5sp/4.10s. Paid invoice; $20K, -$2000 rebate, -$2000 GM card = $16K for this truck new.
PCM for Less tuned it to fix the laggy early drive by wire.
Had it 13 years and 170K. Last pic is the summer before I sold it. It only looks that good because I had it sprayed with Krown rust treatment for the last 7 years.
window sticker.jpg
truck new.jpg
truck 6.JPG
truck snow (1).jpg
rwl bfg 2.jpg
stock shifter.JPG
truck 20s (2).JPG

old truck.jpg

truck 2 (1).jpg
rclb.jpg

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sure I pimped this out in this thread before...so sorry if its a repeat.
GM topped off my GM card to $2K in Jan '06.(Little did I know '06 was the last year for manual trucks, and the only year for 1/2 tons with HD front end, except '07 classics)
I ordered it with 4.8/5sp/4.10s. Paid invoice; $20K, -$2000 rebate, -$2000 GM card = $16K for this truck new.
PCM for Less tuned it to fix the laggy early drive by wire.
Had it 13 years and 170K. Last pic is the summer before I sold it. It only looks that good because I had it sprayed with Krown rust treatment for the last 7 years.
View attachment 1800793View attachment 1800794View attachment 1800795View attachment 1800796View attachment 1800797View attachment 1800798View attachment 1800800
View attachment 1800805
View attachment 1800801View attachment 1800802

I would have bought that in a hot second had I known. I’ve flown across the country to buy SVTP members stuff in the past! Lol

Very awesome man! Love it

Recon

Established Member
Those bullet hole wheels always looked good on trucks. Wish mine was a stick shift; that’s be perfect.

andymarkv

Established Member
I would have bought that in a hot second had I known. I’ve flown across the country to buy SVTP members stuff in the past! Lol

Very awesome man! Love it
Yeah I was a moron and sold it for $7K. But this was back in 2018 when prices for stuff was way different.
Its hard to explain my love for that truck. I just enjoyed the hell out of it every time I got behind the wheel. I need to stop bitching about selling it and appreciate the fact I got to enjoy it as long as I did.

andymarkv

Established Member
Wish mine was a stick shift; that’s be perfect.
I hear ya I've done manual swap before...so I looked HARD at trying to manual swap my current '18 5.0 F150.
But the complexity of the current CAN bus makes it virtually impossible for DIY.
Shop SDHQ got super serious about manual swapping a 1st gen Raptor...but gave up on it fairly quick.
SDHQ 6 Speed Manual trans.

02_Lightning

Established Member
Share your thoughts on the R once you finish unwrapping it and put some miles on it.

Nice... putting that $300k to good use it appears.

It’s actually already for sale… could not afford to keep it since retirement happened, and financial planning for that evidently never happened. Odd that he paid MSRP, but will charge an ADM to resell a used vehicle. Just seems shady to take advantage of an MSRP buy like that.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
It’s actually already for sale… could not afford to keep it since retirement happened, and financial planning for that evidently never happened. Odd that he paid MSRP, but will charge an ADM to resell a used vehicle. Just seems shady to take advantage of an MSRP buy like that.
I'm lost here, who's selling what? Eco BoostF100 just bought that R, what are you talking about?

02_Lightning

Established Member
I'm lost here, who's selling what? Eco BoostF100 just bought that R, what are you talking about?

He stated that he could not actually keep this R. He had an issue retiring and that was not financially planned out. That’s all - he’s not keeping this and will pocket the ADM profit.

Users who are viewing this thread