Established Member
Slight altitude adjustment

IMG_6580.jpeg

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
What are you hauling, reclaimed water?
No, manure

Own a business that spreads dairy manure onto the fields for fertilizer. Tanker hauls it to the big "dumpster" seen below. The tractor has a massive hose attached and applies it at varying rates.

Attachments

• IMG_4911.jpg
    IMG_4911.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 20231006_185425.jpg
    20231006_185425.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 60

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
No, manure

Own a business that spreads dairy manure onto the fields for fertilizer. Tanker hauls it to the big "dumpster" seen below. The tractor has a massive hose attached and applies it at varying rates.
Good for you. So, it's like a liquid? I held a steering wheel for 22 years and 1.75M miles, and it wasn't over the road.

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Good for you. So, it's like a liquid? I held a steering wheel for 22 years and 1.75M miles, and it wasn't over the road.
Yup, liquid. No OTR for me, got my CDL on my own as I bought a truck
We live in a rural area. They spray that shit all the time. Whenever the wife and I are driving past the fields, it's a race to say "did you fart?"
That's the smell of money my friend!
Nice trucks!
- How do you like your new Freightliner?
- Why Freightliner?

(fwiw, I know basically nothing about big trucks, just love ‘em.)
The freight shaker is a 2016. Dd15 engine, DT12 automated manual trans. I have an 03 Columbia too.

The Casadilac is affordable with a solid drive train. I can drive anything, but the automatic trucks make the days easier, as we end up running around the block with tons of turns and stops.

Vforce700

Established Member
Sorry, it's just Brody again. What's the occasion? Anniversary tomorrow, went out to SoCal and brought him back, on Saturday, May 12, 2018. Tomorrow's the 12th, but today is the Saturday. So took some photos today.
20240511_170252.jpg

Have to show gimmie11s that I'm taking good care of the truck. It was a blast trip, 6 years ago. Came back thru the Mojave instead of the 15 and stayed in St George for 3 nights. Love this truck.
20240511_170230.jpg

20240511_170344.jpg

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Not the entire truck, but a small portion.

I've been neglecting washing my truck and now I get this. Massive amounts of pollen. And this stuff doesn't just wipe off. I had to scrub it with a brush. Every seam on the truck had to be scrubbed. Took way longer than usual.
caeb7b980c88d50d1586868b9b7a5b55.jpg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry, it's just Brody again. What's the occasion? Anniversary tomorrow, went out to SoCal and brought him back, on Saturday, May 12, 2018. Tomorrow's the 12th, but today is the Saturday. So took some photos today.View attachment 1840114

Have to show gimmie11s that I'm taking good care of the truck. It was a blast trip, 6 years ago. Came back thru the Mojave instead of the 15 and stayed in St George for 3 nights. Love this truck.
View attachment 1840116
View attachment 1840118

I bought that truck from the original owner down in San Diego. Older, single (recently divorced) man living a stone's throw away from the beach in a 1 bed/1bath house worth over $2M.

He cared for that truck like it was his first son lol.

Great looking vehicle!!! Glad youre enjoying it.

Side note -- Brody sure does remind you he's a 1 ton though. Damn he's a rough rider lol!

MG0h3

Established Member
My contribution for the day.... Gave this ol girl a mild 3" lift and some fresh 35" tires. Sure does improve the look. Actually rides better too. Original front springs had 185k miles on them.

View attachment 1840189

View attachment 1840191

View attachment 1840190

Those things are beasts.

My uncle bought a brand new one in like 1992.

Took me with him to the dealer and we were there or at a tavern down the street all ****ing day. He was drunk by the end of it and made me drive home lol. I was 13.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Vforce700

Established Member
I bought that truck from the original owner down in San Diego. Older, single (recently divorced) man living a stone's throw away from the beach in a 1 bed/1bath house worth over $2M.

He cared for that truck like it was his first son lol.

Great looking vehicle!!! Glad youre enjoying it.

Side note -- Brody sure does remind you he's a 1 ton though. Damn he's a rough rider lol!
Hey thanks for responding. You confirmed what I was thinking...when I got back from CA, I took all the records that he had kept, and you passed on, and figured from oil changes, smog checks, etc. how many miles were driven each year. And there's this huge drop off. Since you said he used the truck to go camping, I figured maybe a separation or divorce happened and he quit camping.

He didn't say if he special ordered? DSO tag in door doesn't show special order, but truck was built Feb 15, 94 and got to dealer Mar 3, 94. He took truck home Mar. 8,
which seems pretty quick, but I suppose he could just walk in at the right time, too.

From 2010 to 2018 when you bought the truck, there's years like 140 mi, 124 mi, 117 mi, 145 miles, so I thought there must be affection for the truck for him to keep the truck. Lifetime avg. annual mileage when I got the truck was 1416. And its still like that, I've only put 3k on in the 6 yrs I've had the truck, and 1200 of that was the drive from CA. I love driving this truck but I have others that need driven, too.

In my town we have somewhat crowned streets with water drainage along the curbs and at the intersections. I learned quickly in this truck to take it easy. Otherwise after a drive around town, just lay down for 10 mins. and wait for internal organs to return to their appropriate location. Smooth enough for me on the highways.
Here are a couple pix from my trip back in 2018. This was a stop in 29 Palms:
0513180913-00.jpg
Went from there up to Amboy: (then Cima and Kelso)
0513181046-00.jpg
Stopped and took this at the Joshua's between Kelso and joining 15 at the Nev line:
0513181201-00.jpg

Vforce700

Established Member
Those things are beasts.

My uncle bought a brand new one in like 1992.

Took me with him to the dealer and we were there or at a tavern down the street all ****ing day. He was drunk by the end of it and made me drive home lol. I was 13.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
My contribution for the day.... Gave this ol girl a mild 3" lift and some fresh 35" tires. Sure does improve the look. Actually rides better too. Original front springs had 185k miles on them.

View attachment 1840189

View attachment 1840188

View attachment 1840190
Cool truck. My neighbor's son has one. He loves it. Maybe 95 or 96. I should ask.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey thanks for responding. You confirmed what I was thinking...when I got back from CA, I took all the records that he had kept, and you passed on, and figured from oil changes, smog checks, etc. how many miles were driven each year. And there's this huge drop off. Since you said he used the truck to go camping, I figured maybe a separation or divorce happened and he quit camping.

He didn't say if he special ordered? DSO tag in door doesn't show special order, but truck was built Feb 15, 94 and got to dealer Mar 3, 94. He took truck home Mar. 8,
which seems pretty quick, but I suppose he could just walk in at the right time, too.

From 2010 to 2018 when you bought the truck, there's years like 140 mi, 124 mi, 117 mi, 145 miles, so I thought there must be affection for the truck for him to keep the truck. Lifetime avg. annual mileage when I got the truck was 1416. And its still like that, I've only put 3k on in the 6 yrs I've had the truck, and 1200 of that was the drive from CA. I love driving this truck but I have others that need driven, too.

In my town we have somewhat crowned streets with water drainage along the curbs and at the intersections. I learned quickly in this truck to take it easy. Otherwise after a drive around town, just lay down for 10 mins. and wait for internal organs to return to their appropriate location. Smooth enough for me on the highways.
Here are a couple pix from my trip back in 2018. This was a stop in 29 Palms:View attachment 1840205Went from there up to Amboy: (then Cima and Kelso)
View attachment 1840206Stopped and took this at the Joshua's between Kelso and joining 15 at the Nev line:
View attachment 1840207

Haha, great comment on the organ break after a drive.

Fun fact -- I grew up in 29 Palms. Great place to be in the winter -- summer time. Wow. Better have a swimming pool.

Also -- Kelso dunes. Amazing place that I would give lots of $$ to be able to ride a dirt bike or RZR on for the weekend. Only 1-1.5 hrs or so from 29 Palms. Unfortunately you are not allowed to ride OHV on those dunes. Shame.

Original owner did not mention whether or not he special ordered. Or he may have and I cannot remember. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread