Bagged.
Established Member
A friend of mine and I detailed the car yesterday, here's the result:
Picture0017.jpg

Picture0013.jpg

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Phil those pics look great! I just bought Air Lift bags yesterday with Accuair management for my GT500. Looks like the same setup as you minus the bags. Hoping to install it this Saturday.

Last edited:

Fastphil

Bagged.
Established Member
Phil those pics look great! I just bought Air Lift bags yesterday with Accuair management for my GT500. Looks like the same setup as you minus the bags. Hoping to install it this Saturday.

Awesome, be sure to post up pics in here, and if you do a build thread, post the link too!

SilverNotch

Established Member
I'm interested in this for my 01 cobra I'd like to be able to adjust ride height without using a wrench and also change setups from drag to roadracing. Interested in the weight and cost of a setup? Also, is it loud to raise and lower the suspension?

Fastphil

Bagged.
Established Member
I'm interested in this for my 01 cobra I'd like to be able to adjust ride height without using a wrench and also change setups from drag to roadracing. Interested in the weight and cost of a setup? Also, is it loud to raise and lower the suspension?

Cost for me was about $3000, for Accuair eLevel with RideTech bags. Weight gain was minimal. The coils are quite heavy, and the complete setup that goes in is perhaps 20 lbs more. Noise is only when the compressors are running. It's hard to evaluate what is or isn't noisy, as I never compared it to other setups. Different compressors sound different as well. Even if they were all as noisy as the others, it would come down to run time. Then, the bigger compressor would be better, as it would run for shorter periods.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
I hate to help revive the dead...
but your post is from 2011.
how has the system held up.
How many miles since the install.
what kind of maintenance is needed.
is the car driven all year round.
has it created more strain on the alternator.

Lastly would you do it again knowing what you know

Last edited:

Fastphil

Bagged.
Established Member
I hate to help revive the dead...
but your post is from 2011.
how has the system held up.
How many miles since the install.
what kind of maintenance is needed.
is the car driven all year round.
has it created more strain on the alternator.

Lastly would you do it again knowing what you know

I uninstalled the air suspension this past spring and sold it to another Termi owner. I also sold the car in late spring. The only issue I had was a broken ride height sensor, because of the amateur installation. With a little more experience, we would have made the pushrods longer on the rear sensors and they would have been within their proper range of travel. It was on the car for 3.5 years, driven 8 months a year. Winter is too serious up here to drive a 500hp convertible.

Maintenance is minor, I just took out the tank once a year to drain the water out of it (humidity in the air condenses and collects in the air tank). If your install was done properly, there shouldn't be any other issues. A visual inspection of components never hurts.

Never noticed any issue with the alternator, but I don't blast the stereo all the time with the AC on and the air compressors running.

Would I do it again? For me it was a phase. I wanted to try it and I did. It looks ****ing awesome, the ride is great, and there is no loss in performance associated with the gain in comfort and versatility. There weren't a million bagged Mustangs four years ago, and there still aren't now. While I do now have another car that would look dope bagged, I've been there and done that. However, I would certainly not discourage anyone from following in my footsteps, nor would I ever recommend against it.

Phil

Bigggy

Established Member
I uninstalled the air suspension this past spring and sold it to another Termi owner. I also sold the car in late spring. The only issue I had was a broken ride height sensor, because of the amateur installation. With a little more experience, we would have made the pushrods longer on the rear sensors and they would have been within their proper range of travel. It was on the car for 3.5 years, driven 8 months a year. Winter is too serious up here to drive a 500hp convertible.

Maintenance is minor, I just took out the tank once a year to drain the water out of it (humidity in the air condenses and collects in the air tank). If your install was done properly, there shouldn't be any other issues. A visual inspection of components never hurts.

Never noticed any issue with the alternator, but I don't blast the stereo all the time with the AC on and the air compressors running.

Would I do it again? For me it was a phase. I wanted to try it and I did. It looks ****ing awesome, the ride is great, and there is no loss in performance associated with the gain in comfort and versatility. There weren't a million bagged Mustangs four years ago, and there still aren't now. While I do now have another car that would look dope bagged, I've been there and done that. However, I would certainly not discourage anyone from following in my footsteps, nor would I ever recommend against it.

Phil

The big problem we are facing right now here is that it's not legal anymore in this province. I would go air for all the convenience, but certainly not to right checks to the government.

erbear28

Sorry to resurrect the thread but if you find a ride height that you like and want to just leave it at that height all the time can you just leave it at that height or do you have to air it out when you park? I'd go bags just to be able to raise it to go over speed bumps and steep driveways

Fastphil

Bagged.
Established Member
Sorry to resurrect the thread but if you find a ride height that you like and want to just leave it at that height all the time can you just leave it at that height or do you have to air it out when you park? I'd go bags just to be able to raise it to go over speed bumps and steep driveways

It depends on the management system you get. Some have presets that you can set, same idea as radio station presets, except it's for different ride heights. You don't have to air out when you park, but why wouldn't you? You're missing half the fun if you don't. And if you get a system with presets, your preferred height is just the touch of a button away.

ridetech_ryan

Established Member
Our digital system allows you to have 3 presets. Typically preset #1 is fully deflated #2 ride height & #3 is fully inflated to clear speed bumps, steep grade drives, etc. We also have the ride height on start feature that you can toggle on and off in the menu. Our system also allows you to monitor corner pressures and tank pressure while driving. You can also adjust on the fly, but just be careful not to slam it going 70mph down the highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread