Lets talk Iat2

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
Mine is usually about 15-25 above. I run distilled water and Amsoil Dominator coolant boost. No coolant. I ran the same thing last year but with Redline Water Wetter and my temps were about 25-35 higher under the same conditions. BUT. And this is a big BUT. This year I cleaned the gunk out of the intercooler under the blower and switched to a breather tank setup.

Heat exchanger is a CX Racing single pass.

Ebay heat exchanger + clean intercooler + Water/Amsoil Dominator is definitely an excellent combination. Cheap to.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Another question guys. Say The iat2 gets up to 140* from doing a pull or sitting at a train etc... How long should it take for it to drop back down to around 100*?

racebronco2

Established Member
Another question guys. Say The iat2 gets up to 140* from doing a pull or sitting at a train etc... How long should it take for it to drop back down to around 100*?

It depends on the ambient temps. If the ambient temps are over 70* it will not get below 100*.

Mine went all the way up to 200 today with just simple city cruising 100 degrees higher than intake temps.

Sounds like your either low on coolant or your pump isn't working.
had me worried.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Has anyone tried putting some high powered fans on the heat exchanger? I've seen the gords setup but it's to expensive to just try out. I was thinking of buying two or three little high powered SPAL fans and installing them to see what if any difference they make but be nice to see if someone else has tried it already.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Has anyone tried putting some high powered fans on the heat exchanger? I've seen the gords setup but it's to expensive to just try out. I was thinking of buying two or three little high powered SPAL fans and installing them to see what if any difference they make but be nice to see if someone else has tried it already.

I have read they do work/help in traffic/sitting still but moving they do more harm then good

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I have read they do work/help in traffic/sitting still but moving they do more harm then good

Really? I'd love to know the reasons behind that. I did a lot of experimenting on my turbo'd honda with the cooling fan since I was able to adjust all sorts of parameters on it in the tune and found that even at 70 mph on the highway on a mid summer day the car cooled better with the fan running than not.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Fans work good. I have vthe Afco kit. But am installing a kc to step up to the next level. Low speeds fans kick ass. At high speeds my fluid cools to 30 above ambient always.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Fans work good. I have vthe Afco kit. But am installing a kc to step up to the next level. Low speeds fans kick ass. At high speeds my fluid cools to 30 above ambient always.

Cool I'll probably get some fans on there for now. My IAT2 is always around 120 ~ 135 once heat soaked and driving around (city/highway mixed). It sees a best of mid teens (115) on the highway once the car is heat soaked. This is with anywhere from 60 ~ 80F outside. Obviously pre heat soak it's low 100s and hits highs of around 115 ~ 120.
Killer Chiller sounds good but a real pain for me to install now because around the passenger's side firewall area by the A/C accumulator I have my return fuel system regulator and hoses which I'd have to redo, my nitrous setup into the blower as well as the meth injection. Not to mention with that giant whipple crusher intake it means the entire blower, lower intake etc. all needs to get pulled for access. Perhaps a winter project one day lol.

Users who are viewing this thread