Lexus something...wasted.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
What are those 4 door Lexus sedans with the stupid looking quad exhaust exits? They are the "quick" versions of one of the Lexus sedans. Anyway on the way back from the driving range I pulled up behind one with a Sigma Chi sticker on the back window. I could tell this one was going to be fun. Without hesitation he sees me in his mirror and starts to rev like an idiot. This kid can't be over 18, not to mention he has a real cool flat billed sideways hat and sunglasses...mind you it's 9pm at night.

So the light goes green and we go under the bridge and make our way left onto the service road, I never get out of 3rd gear. Get up to about 50 and I hear him lay on it as we start down the entrance ramp. With no traffic behind or in front I follow suit, reel him in no time and pass him while still on the on ramp, then merge onto the highway in front of him just to add a little insult to injury.

Definitely not the smartest piece of driving I've ever done but man it was fun to burn his ass while STILL coming up the on ramp and merge over in front of him.

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
The Lexus ISF has exhaust like that....:shrug: If that was it, then you beat him pretty good. Those are pretty quick cars, but I guess not enough for a pullied Terminator. Also, for his age, there is no way he could afford that car unless mommy and daddy got it for him. Must be nice.....

Catfood

Established Member
Nothing wrong with flat billed backwards hats while ridin dirty. The sunglasses on the other hand were probably out of order.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
IS F is a sweet car... you guys saying that its a corrola are absolutely retarded... I would take it anyday over a cobra.

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
i raced an ISF 2 months ago, when my car was bone stock....we stayed fender to fender.

chris mac

long time lurker
Established Member
it's actually built off of the Camry ... my wife has an IS 350 which is the lesser version of the IS F. her 350 does pretty good for what it is. her car is stock down to the paper filter and with her driving and me riding shotgun (i'm 230 lbs.) we edged out an 05 or newer GT on the highway the other day. the IS F is definitely a sweet car...
good kill!!!

mac

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
IS F is a sweet car... you guys saying that its a corrola are absolutely retarded... I would take it anyday over a cobra.

Firstly, it's C-O-R-O-L-L-A:read:. Secondly, don't hate on the can of beat down that was delivered to the Corolla's face. I bet you'd be swinging all over the Cobra's nuts......if you hadn't traded it in for a.....COROLLA :dw:

Good slaughter OP. :beer:

Last edited:

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Yeah I think it was an IS F, it had those same Moon Rocket tail pipes at least.

416 hp? He got the jump too, that thing must be geared wrong because edmunds is showing and equal curb weight. 550 crank vs 416 crank, I would've hoped he could have mustered a bit more.

Oh well, line em up, knock em down.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
it's actually built off of the Camry ... my wife has an IS 350 which is the lesser version of the IS F. her 350 does pretty good for what it is. her car is stock down to the paper filter and with her driving and me riding shotgun (i'm 230 lbs.) we edged out an 05 or newer GT on the highway the other day. the IS F is definitely a sweet car...
good kill!!!

mac

First of all your completely wrong... the ES350 is based of off the camary... The IS is its own platfrom not based of anything in Toyotas fleet... if your going to bash the car at least get your facts straight.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Good kill OP, but I gotta agree with some other posters here. The IS-F is a sweet@SS ride that I would definitely love to own. Definitely not built off the FWD Corolla frame either seeing as how its RWD and V8. I actually think the quad tail pipes are pretty cool as long as they are functional...unlike the stupid "air scoops" on the sides of my Cobra or the fake quad exhaust on the FERRARI California.

echo412

Established Member
yup those things are crap! you should see the topgear episode where Jeremy pretty much pooped on one those things ... :)

j81234

Established Member
Nice kill. I have not had a chance to run an 03-04 Cobra in mine. The gearing is excellent in the car, and people should not put much faith in Top Gear. I get a good laugh watching it, but some of their tests are quite fictional.

tankerman1981

Established Member
I had a IS350 and it was a great car for what its built for.. not built like a cobra but still 300 HP with all the toys and luxury is nice... now a IS-F with 400+ HP with all the trimmings... not too shabby

Users who are viewing this thread