LFP electric fan relay wiring colors

cruisersk1

Established Member
Hello, I burnt up a relay on my LFP electric fan. I had to remove the wires from the female connector as the new relay I got was a different size. That relay lasted about a year but had another problem and now the relay wont last a day. I may have mixed up a red and orange wire plugging them in. I was hoping someone who has this fan can tell me the location of the red and orange wire. One goes in the middle on the side with 3 prongs and the other on the top. Not sure which now. I did email Matt at LFP and he didn't seem to want to provide any help. " we have an outside vendor make the harnesses so I have no idea which color goes where" Really? You cant open a box and look at it for me?!?!? I saw a picture on this site of one for sale and it should be very easy to just look at the harness and see if red or orange is on the top. I am not very pleased with LFP right now. If the picture was a little higher resolution I could have figured it out myself. It is the relay with a black gray blue red and orange wire. Anyone want to help me?:beer:

Scott

Last edited:

SVT_LT

Established Member
Well don't be too harsh on the LFP guys! I had ordered my e-fan kit like 2 weeks ago and there still waiting for my wire harness to be built. So its not like they had one in stock to help you out. So with that said, once i receive my kit i will post some pics for you.

Zacharyx

Established Member
are you putting just a standard relay back in?? I am unfamiliar with the LFP set up but if you have a normal relay I can probably help you get it figured out

Last edited:

cruisersk1

Established Member
I am putting a standard relay back in. The problem is the wires are all enclosed in a loom and I cant tell where the go with out tearing it all apart. I would assume they use the same color wiring on all units and you can see the colors at the end of the loom where it plugs in. I wouldnt recomeend a LFP electric fan. They may not have one in stock to look at but Matt, the person I was emailing told me he personally had on on his own truck yet couldn't provide the little bit of customer service it would take to go look at it and help me out. Maybe you have a part number for a 40 amp relay? Its like pulling teeth at the autoparts store to find out how many amps a relay is rated for...

SVT_LT

Established Member
Did you ever get pics or fix your relay issue?? I just received my LFP e-fan kit...took em like 1 1/2 months to ship it to me due to the wire harness. But if you need pics or any other questions regarding the hardness ask now before i install this.

Users who are viewing this thread