LFP heat exchanger pic

poisonpony96

Established Member
Just installed my new LFP heat exchanger. Made some quick brackets don't need pretty. I'll take a pic with bumper on tomorrow was dark when I finished.

d766a463.jpg

poisonpony96

Established Member
I have the vortech after cooler. So I upgrade from a smaller oil cooler that vortech uses in the kit. I was reading water temps around 120 before so I take some readings later after I drive it around for awhile.

poisonpony96

Established Member
Ok after a 40mile round trip. 190 supercharger 125 intake and 80 for aftercooler and coolant temp. This was a 70 degree day. Last time I checked on 80 degree day think intake was 125 might have been higher can't remember but coolant and coolant intake was 125. So big differance!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yep just let me know when oh and bring some beer.

Well ofcoarse beer you can't work on a car without it :beer: btw that is some great datalogging right there.. Can't wait. The car is almost done and once I get the final bill I'll be buying this :)

03bluemach

Established Member
what material are the brackets made from ? .. I got my LFP in last week and bought some brackets from home depot, they are zinc coated steel and im not sure if they can be welded to aluminum..And couldnt find any there in aluminum...

poisonpony96

Established Member
what material are the brackets made from ? .. I got my LFP in last week and bought some brackets from home depot, they are zinc coated steel and im not sure if they can be welded to aluminum..And couldnt find any there in aluminum...

they are aluminum. i had a big sheet that i cut them from.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ you don't really need a KC system with a vortech because they are waaaay more efficent than a KB or Whipple.

svtrickey

Established Member
Yes, it runs off the A/C and every little bit helps with the air temps. Think about it this way if you go it below ambient temp your golden. Then the colder it gets the better the car runs. I don't know if it is possible to get below ambient but I would be willing to bet you could if your only 10 degrees above it right now. As some of the lightning guys are seeing a 50-60 deg. drop with the killer chiller.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ there is such thing as to cold actually. poinsonpony96 talk to Drew at AED and he'll tell you his Saleen was actually running to cold of intake temps on a dyno pull once and made less power lol..

poisonpony96

Established Member
^^ there is such thing as to cold actually. poinsonpony96 talk to Drew at AED and he'll tell you his Saleen was actually running to cold of intake temps on a dyno pull once and made less power lol..

Interesting to cold? Yeah I saw dress saleen he has the afco on it. Does he have the killer chiller to?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^ No he doesn't. These S/C's don't produce enough heat to really warrent one. He was telling me he dyno's his car with ice in it and it was actually to cold on the dyno so they had to wait for all the ice to melt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread