LFP Heat Exchanger

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Fabulous... When I was on the dyno on Friday, I was amazed at how cool my blower was. You could sit your hand on it for a good period of time. Stock, I was surprised it wasn't on fire.

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
It's a really nice piece and easy to install. I got the COBRA on the front and have no regrets.

Last edited:

Venomous04

Established Member
I just ordered on and I can't wait to put it on, question though for those who have one? did you reuse your coolant and top it off? or did you drain and go fresh?

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Whatever drained out during the removal of the stock HE is all the fluid I took out. I added 50/50 antifreeze/distilled water. Let the car run for a a few minutes and make sure to watch the intercooler reservoir cause it'll need to be topped off after the car takes more fluid down.

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
same here...love it. Just put it on Saturday. I topped it off with the hose, which is a no no, but I forgot to go get some distilled water/antifreeze. So...I'm going to pick some up on the way home tonight and drain/refill it.

Venimus

Established Member
I installed mine over the weekend. I looked for the 'right' kind of antifreeze (yellow) and got duped into the orange stuff. On the bottle it stated that it was compatible with the OEM Ford gold antifreeze, which is what LFP and the Ford owner's manual specified. However, it was orange as the day is long and I don't think it is the right stuff.

Can any harm come of using this in the IC?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Venimus said:
I installed mine over the weekend. I looked for the 'right' kind of antifreeze (yellow) and got duped into the orange stuff. On the bottle it stated that it was compatible with the OEM Ford gold antifreeze, which is what LFP and the Ford owner's manual specified. However, it was orange as the day is long and I don't think it is the right stuff.

Can any harm come of using this in the IC?

Most(all) Mustangs built after 07/15/02 have GOLD coolant.. Ford/Motorcraft part # VC-7.... I would NOT use Orange... Orange is the Contour/Mystique/Cougar stuff ... and is NOT COMPATABLE!!!

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread