license plate holes in front

shadi

Established Member
i just purchased a white 2012 gt and it has holes drilled in the front bumper cover for a front license plate. i was wondering are there any type of white plugs to cover these holes?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
My opinion on this is if you've already got holes drilled, you might as well run the plate.

Front plates are required here in Colorado as well. If my car already has holes drilled, I run one. If not, I run without one. Much easier to claim "I didn't want to drill in to my expensive car" when there aren't already holes in the bumper.

Just my .02

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
Im also running similar buttons that i found at home depot, fit like crap tho so ill look into those posted. The big ass bulky ugly looking POS used to mount a front plate looks hideous. The front end of these cars is one of the most beautiful aspects of it. Not ****ing up that look.

Says you are in Texas, front plate is required here.

same here in cali, and i will say what i tell everyone who throws this law at me...."aaaaaaand?"

Ive never owned a car where i ran a front plate and have only been cited once. 20 dollar fixit ticket. Ill gladly break this harmless bs law any day....I also have tint on my front windows. Some things ya just cant do without (but in a state like cali, you cant fart without breaking SOME law, lmao)

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Sucks there are holes in yours. I bought mine and told then no holes. Then I bought the licence plate when in Cali that mounts without drilling. -Shane

kevinp

Established Member
Dont feel bad, we dont have front plates here, but I bought the car from NC and they have them.

Not only did they drill the two holes to mount the bracket but they used some 3" long screws on the top holes for the dealer nameplate that went through the bumper as well so I have four holes :(

I just put a blank flat black plate on it, doesnt look bad on a darker color car but I still hate it. I was just going to buy a bumper cover from newtakeoff but they didnt have any kona blue at the time.

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
Dont feel bad, we dont have front plates here, but I bought the car from NC and they have them.

Not only did they drill the two holes to mount the bracket but they used some 3" long screws on the top holes for the dealer nameplate that went through the bumper as well so I have four holes :(

I just put a blank flat black plate on it, doesnt look bad on a darker color car but I still hate it. I was just going to buy a bumper cover from newtakeoff but they didnt have any kona blue at the time.

FOUR holes!! Thats got to suck, NC is a one license plate state I'm pretty sure, I was only issued one nc plate when I bought mine in NC. The guy must have put his favorite tar heels plate on it.:xpl:

Last edited:

kevinp

Established Member
FOUR holes!! Thats got to suck, NC is a one license plate state I'm pretty sure, I was only issued one nc plate when I bought mine in NC. The guy must have put his favorite tar heels plate on it.:xpl:

I bought it new from a car dealer, I assumed NC is a 2 plate state but maybe not, all the new cars on the lot had front plate brackets on them. Since I bought it off the lot I didnt have much choice, not really a big deal but they didnt have to make it worse by driving the top two screws through the bumper too.

SicShelby09

Banned
I bought it new from a car dealer, I assumed NC is a 2 plate state but maybe not, all the new cars on the lot had front plate brackets on them. Since I bought it off the lot I didnt have much choice, not really a big deal but they didnt have to make it worse by driving the top two screws through the bumper too.

Same thing here. 4 holes.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
No front license plates in Michigan, but the car came with two small "starter" holes that you can barely see. Since the car was built right down the road and wasn't even prepped when I bought it, I would assume that every Mustang has such "starter" holes if you look closely.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
When I moved to Texas I had to have my front bumper repainted, so I had the fill the holes before they painted. I have been stopped a few times over the past 13 years but the no front plate was mentioned only once. It is going to be interesting when I get the Focus because there is no place to put a front plate on.

psucobra

Established Member
When I ordered my car and specifically told my salesman not to have the plate bracket installed or it was a deal breaker. I even reminded him the day it was delivered. When I by Texas law when they install the inspection sticker. If they dont install the bracket they can be fined. I havent run a front plate in Texas since 1995 and only got pulled over for it once and got off with a warning.

I was pissed but it wasn't a deal breaker :)

jj6077

Established Member
My dealer told me they had to install the front license plate. I just pretend that I am one of those guys who think these cars look cool with front license plates to better cope with it.

kevinp

Established Member
No front license plates in Michigan, but the car came with two small "starter" holes that you can barely see. Since the car was built right down the road and wasn't even prepped when I bought it, I would assume that every Mustang has such "starter" holes if you look closely.

Yea, there is a couple small divots in the bumper so the dealer can accurately position the bracket. I could only imagine what it would look like if those werent there, the plate bracket would be on the hood on some cars lol.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
I sell Mustangs and " hand " the front plate to the customer on delivery, we are a 2 plate
state, and as a fellow Mustang owner, seems a sin to drill holes in the front.

Users who are viewing this thread