Life ever hit you and realized your waisting your money?

BruntzySVT

Established Member
Well i spend 485 a month on my car payment; im 17! Lol, i also have put about 5k into my cobra and its hitting me, if i sell it i could afford a house in a year or two because i work my ass off! House or Cobra...i always worry about my cobra too, its one of those things you dont know if someones going to key it, bang there door into, if your engine is going to blow during a race, all those things. I guess what im asking is if this has hit anyone, realizing what you could be spending that money on more important? This is probably for the younger guys who do not have homes or anything yet, thats why im selling my car, i pray i can get 25-27k for it!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Good luck on tat but you might want to also work on your spelling I suppose that most of My money is "waisted" because when I buy food and eat too much it seems to go to poundage. However ... if you mean your wasting your money .. I would say that at 17 your correct you are probably wasting your money at this stage .. BUT if you drive responsibly and keep it out of the gutter .. you will find that it should last you a good long time and you will have a real collectable. Don't bet the farm on having a house in a few years. get some college out of the way and then buy a house to go with your car :)

BruntzySVT

Established Member
RDJ said:
Good luck on tat but you might want to also work on your spelling I suppose that most of My money is "waisted" because when I buy food and eat too much it seems to go to poundage. However ... if you mean your wasting your money .. I would say that at 17 your correct you are probably wasting your money at this stage .. BUT if you drive responsibly and keep it out of the gutter .. you will find that it should last you a good long time and you will have a real collectable. Don't bet the farm on having a house in a few years. get some college out of the way and then buy a house to go with your car :)
haha stfu about the spelling, its late im working on a paper for speech so im tired, im in college now lol, but i think i could afford a house now lol! I work crazy much, i dont want the cobra anymore, i mean i try not to put miles on it, its worthless to have. Id rather take my dads 94 ranger for free lol!

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
It wouldn't be the first time someones priorities changed...
As for having such a car at your age,consider your self lucky.
If your not into it anymore,thats certainly your perogative to become 'sensible'..
Years down the road,you'll have a second childhood & buy something else.
If you keep the car..If you cant afford to fix it,stop beating on it & take care of it,take the 2.76 off,put on a 3.0 & be content with what you have.

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
I regretted buying a celica once I started mountain biking. Now I want something like a 4x4 tacoma or at least a more rugged car that can easily handle a roof rack. (celica isn't too roof rack friendly)

Like 9a Pilot said . . . priorities change and sometimes you're stuck with decisions you made when priorities were different. When that happens you then have to decide what to do.

Last edited:

BruntzySVT

Established Member
thinking about taking everything off, chip, pulleys, intake, put H back on and just have cat back lol! id rather sell it though

BruntzySVT

Established Member
LBguy said:
I regretted buying a celica once I started mountain biking. Now I want something like a 4x4 tacoma or at least a more rugged car that can easily handle a roof rack. (celica isn't too roof rack friendly)

Like 9a Pilot said . . . priorities change and sometimes you're stuck with decisions you made when priorities were different. When that happens you then have to decide what to do.

well im think im going to give up the cobra, i mean i love cars and would love to have one down the road, lol i sold my v6 a year ago on my bday for the cobra, now im going to get rid of the cobra, v6 payments were 200 a month, easy cheesy! I guess i was just so up on wanting a faster car, now that ive had it, its over lol, part of my life is accomplished! Im ready to settle and have a nice g/f, nice job (which i have), goto school, grab a house! I'd rather buy a house with a friend then an apartment because why spend money on something i can never own lol!

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
Just drive it sensibly..If you sell your mods you'll get pennies on the dollar for what you paid for them.Just tone it down a little.
Are you going to college?I assume that's what you mean by 'going to school'..
Also,budget your money & hopefully your g/f isnt high maintenence,either.

BruntzySVT

Established Member
9A Pilot said:
Just drive it sensibly..If you sell your mods you'll get pennies on the dollar for what you paid for them.Just tone it down a little.
Are you going to college?I assume that's what you mean by 'going to school'..
Also,budget your money & hopefully your g/f isnt high maintenence,either.
Well i spend money on my car then hafta spend more, like more power=better clutch and so on! Im a general manager at the age of 17 and bring in a good money. I manage my money but im tired of watching lots of my money going to my car!

LogiWorld123

Established Member
kias arent that bad actually. girlfriend of mine got one in 2001 and its no different than any other car out there now in reliability.

dbmach12004

SuperStar
Established Member
I feel you pain my friend.

I have been in the Army for the last four and half years, and I thought that I could afford a $450 payment a month when I get out. So here I am about to get out in the next 30 days and now I have to worry about finding a job that can support my car and me. It took alot of thinking to realize that the car I have makes me happy and no matter what I have to do I will make my payments.

You do what you have to do, but dont do anything that you'll regret later
:-D

Users who are viewing this thread