Lift kits

snkbit99

Established Member
Hello all,

I am looking to lift my truck to put 35's under it. It is a 01 F250. I am leaning toward the Fabtech 5.5" kit. Does anyone have any experience with Fabtech kits. Opinions are welcomed

Thanks
Ed

S.O.B.

Sweet Old Bob!
Established Member
You could get by with a leveling kit on a SD to run 35's with the right BS on your wheels. My son is running 6" all spring Superlift with Bilstein shocks and 37's on his f250

Last edited:

Z7What

Powered By Eaton
Established Member
Fabtech isnt the best riding kit for the SD. I would look into the DR or just a leveling kit if you want only 35's.

I am running a Fabtech on my truck and its great just IFS and Straight are to different worlds.

Wayne

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I had a fab-tek leveling kit, kept the factory front springs and I liked it for a long time until I upgraded to a 6 inch. It would clear 35's on a 16x10 wheel. I wouldn't go 5.5 inch unless I wanted to go bigger than 35's.

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
look into bds. great kits and price. i ve ran a 4" fits 35" perfect and now have a 6" and 35" look small:beer:

snkbit99

Established Member
Thaks all for the input. The 3.5 kit is alot cheaper. I believe that is the way I am going to go in a few weeks. The tires and rims will be the next hard decision.

thanks
Ed

01dmax6spd

Banned
A guy on ftw put 5.5" fabtech on his truck and it netted 8" of lift, he runs 37s and He could probably tuck 38.5s, but he only has a 5.4 in it also. for 35s go with a 2.5" donahoe racing lift with 35x12.50 BF Goodrich Mud terrain t/a or all terrain t/a on 16x10 eagle alloy wheels

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I went with ProComp's leveling kit, running 35x12.5 ProComp Xtreme A/T on factory 18's

truck006.jpg

truck009.jpg

Gix1k4

Established Member
I had the Fabtech 5.5"/8" lift in my '04. I ran it with superlift springs at the 8" setting. I was running 38.5x15x16 swamper boggers and only had rubbing issues at full steering lock. The lugs on the inside of the tire would rub the leaf spring. Took it all apart after only 5 months because we had our daughter and it was difficult to load her in the truck.

I have the kit still, but am looking to sell it, I also still have the wheels, they're Eagle 16x10, 4 1/2" or 4 5/8" (I forget) backspacing. The nice thing about the kit i have is that the rear springs are the 5.5" ones (i used a 3" block on top of them), so if someone was to want to only go 5.5", they would only need to buy the 5.5" front springs. There are pics of my truck when it was lifted on here somewhere.

Last edited:

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
ya my 6" came out to 8" as well. This is what it looks like and i also tow with it as well:beer:
DSC00245.jpg
DSC00260.gif

Last edited:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I went with ProComp's leveling kit, running 35x12.5 ProComp Xtreme A/T on factory 18's

truck006.jpg

truck009.jpg

I know we are not supposed to quote the pics, but this is perfect! I'm leaning towards the Extreme A/T's as well, but with the Diamo 17 Karate rims. How does this truck ride? I am very interested. Thanks again.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I know we are not supposed to quote the pics, but this is perfect! I'm leaning towards the Extreme A/T's as well, but with the Diamo 17 Karate rims. How does this truck ride? I am very interested. Thanks again.

They are not bad for a E rated tire and their surprisingly quiet for having such an aggressive tread. Just got home from a 1800 mile round trip this weekend in the midwest with all that freezing rain, these tires performed great and the ride was very comfortable.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Thanks for the information. Now all I need to do is see what offset the new rims have.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
not to hi-jack the thread but how much different is your guys mileage with these lifts?

To be honest I can make a tank of diesel last pretty far as long as my right foot can avoid going to the floor.

I can get anywhere between >290miles or <350. All depends on how you drive it IMO. This is with a 29 gallon tank.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
not to hi-jack the thread but how much different is your guys mileage with these lifts?

I went from 19-20ish stock to 14-17 with a leveling kit and 305's. Now with a 6.5 inch lift and 37's I'm on the avg. of 15-16. I know I drive the pickup alot easier now with the big tires so that my help with the mpg. Going to switch from a predator to a dp tuner and try to get a little better mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread