Lift point for jack okay here?

barspen

Established Member
I lift at the diff and support on stands at the axle in the rear. For the front, I lift on the frame rail next to the cats and support at the K-member (black arm). Only issue is getting a floor jack under the frame rail in front because I'm lowered, so I drive about 1/3 the way up some race ramps. I also use a hockey puck to cushion and distribute pressure at the jack point.

Is you goal to get one side up in the air at once? I don't think there is anything wrong with the way you are doing it as long as the car lifts evenly on both sides...just never thought of doing it that way.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Ford recommends using the lifting points at the floor to rocker panel pinch welds behind the front tire well and ahead of the rear tire well.

^^^^This would be for one corner lifting, one side lifting, or a 2-post lift.

If you are lifting at the recommended points and the setting the car down on stands in the area(s) you have asked about, I would not think that would be a big deal.

I too have used the bottom center of the 8.8 to lift my car from the rear, the concern there is not to come in contact with the differential cover as it could cause a leak or other cover damage. <<Some people slide a jack under the differential without paying much attention, I have been told (and read), that is why Ford recommends not to use that point for lifting.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I guess me saying the pinch weld is recommended for lifting doesn't help you much with a 3 ton floor jack without me also mentioning the tool that is for using a floor jack and lifting at a pinch weld............

Place this side up, around the pinch weld and against the floor/rocker surface.

008_zpslvkp0sek.jpg

Place this end down in the 3 ton floor jack lift cup.

007_zpse0edlzy5.jpg

Van sells these, it is a nice piece. I took 3 pictures, so here is the third..........

006_zpsgduboohb.jpg

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread